New Trailer - Historical Drama 'The Suicide Artist'

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

New Trailer - Historical Drama 'The Suicide Artist'

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Hey guys, I'll keep it short and sweet - comments would be appreciated.

Here is a wee trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GINq52QF-Aw that was
played at a media business event i was at recently, managed to get some positive attention.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: New Trailer - Historical Drama

Post by foxwood »

A little long, and the acsents seem out of place other than that it looks really cool.
UnkindSky

Post by UnkindSky »

It's kinda tough to get Hugarian actors who know Engilsh lol. Good things: Special effects where pretty awsome. Nice toutch. The uniforms and weapons were all accurate from what I could gauge. Nice costumes for the actors. Music is nice and the settings were great! Bad: Acting was a little off (the women's acting was pretty good), the firing squad Sergeant (or whatever he was) seemed lazy and bored when he gave the order. Idk if that was what you were going for, but that's just what it looked like.

Overall, it was great. I loved it and cant wait for the real thing!!
Let god have mercy on my enemies... for i will not...
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

The look of it is beautiful and stunning. But honestly, f*** that song: it's so overused.
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

yeah ur totally right barnes, i will put another song on it (the films actual theme song once its recorded - and ill edit it a bit tighter too ;) (as ur point there is valid unkindsky) - yeah the accents are just natural regional accents (scotland) foxwood :)
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

I think the visuals in this look great. The stills you provided were to me a little testy in looks but I suppose I just needed to see the motion to them cause the actual film looks great. The acting seemed a little bland though, as if there wasn't much emotion given off to fit such tragic war-torn times. Though, I really can't be the judge of that right now, I only heard about 7 lines. I'll have to wait until the finished film...that is...if you are uploading it to the internet.
angusware
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by angusware »

maybe a bit slow...? I don't feel very excited
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

The song isnt as good as it is other places. Other places its really strong and really bass-y and it sounds like a bigger symphony. Its a cool trailer, but not exciting.
Hide or fight for your life?
Magic-Man
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Magic-Man »

I admire the idea of the film. The story doesn't consist of the average, bang bang silly amature film with lots of guns. I think if you made it a little faster paced, perhaps cut out some parts, and i do cringe when i hear that song. It appears to be well directed and am intrigued to see the finished product. Nice work