New Movie (some pics)

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

mickcar73
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

New Movie (some pics)

Post by mickcar73 »

Heres a few shots of our new movie , temporaily called 'Sanctuary' but not definate, any way we are only beginning shooting now, and should be finsihed by the end of the summer.here are a few shots from a scene we filmed on a train , tell me what you think.

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

Nba185

RE: New Movie (some pics)

Post by Nba185 »

looking good. but the explosion on the last pic looked fake
myspace.com/minshproductions
myspace.com/minsh_com

Selling adobe softwares. PM for more info.
mickcar73
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mickcar73 »

thanks , ye im working on d cgi and stuff at the moment work in progres
Clarence
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Clarence »

Hey, looks good...especially the last one. How exactly did you end up filming on a train with guns? Or did you just do it when nobody was around?
angusware
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by angusware »

is that actually on a train? not sure if thats just the images here, but they seem stretched (vertically)?
mickcar73
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mickcar73 »

How exactly did you end up filming on a train with guns?
thanks . well we got a train at a station were the trains start from at like 8/9pm there was not many ppl so we had a free carraige to ourselves, so we jus got out the guns and shot most of what we needed. theres actually a good outtake , wen edward points the gun at daniel the automatic anouncement thing comes on and says 'this train has cctv' .

they seem stretched (vertically)?

ye its shot in widescreen , i think it just got stretched wen i took a screencap of the footage somhow but the ratio in the movie is like the 1st image.
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ctbullet »

so you shot the entire scene without permission, like it, thats how amatuer filming should be done, stick it to the man
Our Combat Years: In production
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com
Clarence
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Clarence »

Hey mickar,

Hope you don't mind...but I got kind of bored, so I decided to play around with some of the images you posted.

BEFORE

AFTER COLOR GRADING + RESIZING

BEFORE

AFTER COLOR GRADING + RESIZING + Simulated Depth of Field

-Clarence
mickcar73
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mickcar73 »

ha , ye its cool , i like the second one ctually gives it a green tint on to it , what program r u usin?
tecmeister

Post by tecmeister »

Yeah it does look good, and nice bb gun.
TheMalteseJob

Post by TheMalteseJob »

Word of advice, careful filmin thesee things! I got arressted with my friend earlier this year because someone saw us filming on a beach with bibi guns and thought they were real and called the police! Got driven in a police car down to the station :P was actually fun cos they got a call about a man with a knife and they turned the sirens on and were driving at over 100kmh along these side streets... The funny thing is when they arrived we had no idea they were after us and we filmed them walkin down the 50 or so steps down to the beach and search there for about 15 mins, and we were literally getting into the car to go home when they found us. :cry:

So my advice? Ummm, if you're filming with bibi guns and you see police suddenly arriving, run!
mickcar73
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mickcar73 »

ha, ye its happened before, with machine guns , in a cemetary at night so we stashed em in the car in like 10 seconds and covered it with a blanket , luckily they didnt check under it just questioned us
kene555
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by kene555 »

Some of my friends want to do a zombie movie, with one scene being a chase in the cemetery. The heros are gunning it in a Jeep, blasting away at these zombies trying to attack them.

Does it cost money to do that legally, or can you just notify the cops that you're doin' a movie with some prop guns and alert the people living close by?
CREATE FOR THE SAKE OF CREATING

http://www.neighborhoodstudios.com
mickcar73
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mickcar73 »

ha , doubt the police wud let ou go thru a cemetery in a jeep . when we did it we jus went in at night and filmed what we needed, simple as that, there was nobody there. spose yu could film ur on foot scenes in the cemetery and then do the jeep somewere else
kene555
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by kene555 »

would the cops have jurisdiction in the cemetery, or would it be up to the owners (if not owned by the city)?

mickcar73
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mickcar73 »

i havent got a clue to be honest, never asked for permission to film in a cemetery
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

TheMalteseJob wrote:Word of advice, careful filmin thesee things! I got arressted with my friend earlier this year because someone saw us filming on a beach with bibi guns and thought they were real and called the police!
This has happened to us twice. The guns weren't loaded so they just told us to be careful. We were filming a WWII flick about four years ago in a park near us. It was along side a road where people could see us and the area had been having problems with paintballing. We're sitting on top a hill relaxing while somebody else's part was being filmed and a cop just appeared behind us out of nowhere and it freaked my brother out who was filming because he and the others were running up the hill and didn't know he had come. He just laughed when we told him what was going on and then he wished us luck and went on his way.

By the way, scratch the jeep idea kene555. Filming in a cemetery can land you in jail for a night w/o the proper papers because of illegal trespassing. Going at night would be a bad idea because cops are always patrolling cemeteries at night for the exact reason that kids mess around in them trying to be freaked out. There is a really, really old cemetery about 10 minutes from my house, some kids at the school I used to go to left their video production class to film something there and then never came back because they got arrested for trespassing and that was in the middle of the day.
mickcar73
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mickcar73 »

wow that sounds a bit harsh , any way the cemetery we used was at the end of a dark road, no houses , no guards, and there was a revolving door so yu cud go in n, supose it just depends on yur conditions
kene555
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by kene555 »

but what if you made an agreement with the cemetery owners?

maybe we'll go to the local woods or something.

there's some 20 foot cliffs, should make for a good shot, just not as good as a car chase.

Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

If you make an agreement with the owners then you should be good to film there. Although, if they agree to let you film there I would suggest giving them a full detailed description of what you would be doing and then lay down some terms for them and then have them lay down terms for you. I would then take the terms and write up a consent form for you and them to sign to have proof that you are okay to be doing what you are doing.

I know it sounds like a very long and arduous process but it is a lot more worth it to know you are a safe from any punishment. On the film I am currently working on I wanted to use a Rubik's Cube as a symbolism (It mentioned even the image of the cube is copywritten) so I e-mailed Seven Towns LTD. (makers) and gave them a very detailed description of why I wanted to use it and how I'd be using it and the next thing I knew I had full permission to use it (even said they preferred I show the logo) and a consent form that had been signed by them and had an empty space with my name under it for me to sign.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Why do people bother posting pics of there films? Why not post the ACTUAL film?
Hide or fight for your life?
mickcar73
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mickcar73 »

On the film I am currently working on I wanted to use a Rubik's Cube as a symbolism (It mentioned even the image of the cube is copywritten) so I e-mailed Seven Towns LTD. (makers) and gave them a very detailed description of why I wanted to use it and how I'd be using it and the next thing I knew I had full permission to use it (even said they preferred I show the logo) and a consent form that had been signed by them and had an empty space with my name under it for me to sign.

wow thats crazy that youd have to ask permition over somthing so simple as a rubix cube but yeh i could imagine the amount of things you wud have to ask permission for even if it was in ur movie for a minute.

Why do people bother posting pics of there films? Why not post the ACTUAL film
maybe because the films not finished yet? :bonk:
tecmeister

Post by tecmeister »

rhys wrote:Why do people bother posting pics of there films? Why not post the ACTUAL film?
And they might not think that it is good anuf that is why they post the pictures, then people will be able to give there opinion.
kene555
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by kene555 »

Thanks Kentertainment, that should work out.

I know how hard it is to go through the paper work - we filmed a panic scene at school, and I had to go around for the next two weeks tracking down all the participants and collecting their release forms.

Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

rhys wrote:Why do people bother posting pics of there films? Why not post the ACTUAL film?
Pictures are totally about the film making process! If you can't produce good stills then your cinematography skills are cr**.

I like looking at peoples stills. If the pictures are good I have more of an idea about if I want to watch the film or not
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]