Pics from my new movie! (New Pics May 6th!) + video!

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Ah well thats great then the car graphic worked well enough. It's easy to get too anal about 'realism'

I honestly think its just important that it looks 'realistic enough' so that audiences can nod and continue with the story. Its only obvious when rules of perspective and other basic composition are broken.

I mean you watch a Jerry Bruckheimer action movie with mils in effects - well you KNOW those effects that are CG - its obvious - but they look spectacular so you don't care. Likewise a cheesy digital effect i saw on lost (a guys apartment was ablaze it looked like something a dude here could do - but did i stop watching? No of course not - its all relative to the story :)

Now for some more pics from a romantic scene ;)

An impromtu kiss

Becomes a nice kiss!

This is from a completely different scene - a totally surreal animated sequence (theres loads of surreal stuff to come from this montage)

If you've got a really keen eye you might recognise the shot from an old student film it was used in ;)
F.F.F.

Post by F.F.F. »

Yeah! the one about the chechnyan! That was a great one too! Is there a chance that you could include it on the DVD?
a.qotsa.fan

Post by a.qotsa.fan »

yer that looks great, not to be pickey or anything but i just noticed is the hammer and sickle not the wrong way round? might be wrong but i thought id mention it?
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Ah right! Yep your quite right mate ill fix that - about the insignia oops lol
kene555
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by kene555 »

Where's the new video?
CREATE FOR THE SAKE OF CREATING

http://www.neighborhoodstudios.com
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV0SMGoPmwU

There you go mate, its just a wee fun video from a scene in the film (the actual music won't be used tho it rocks - like all of Wagners music ;)
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Alright here are some shots from the war montage (it lasts about 1 min - 30 secs) and happens in the middle of the film - signalling the russian invasion of hungary.

The montage is surreal basically and i use a few shots (from a cr** student film i did ages ago called Chechnya) and its come out ok i reckons :) Anyway it does all look a lot better moving - had a go with my first 3d and while its crude lol i think its passable.

This is a frame (of a fast camera pan) that shows these jets bombing stuff below - they fly off frame (leaving a cool tilted shot of this russian officer) - anyway thought id show my fav jet - the Mig 21 hehe (don't ask my why they just look cool *ahem*)

Nba185

Post by Nba185 »

wow../ nicely edited.
myspace.com/minshproductions
myspace.com/minsh_com

Selling adobe softwares. PM for more info.
kene555
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by kene555 »

Well done!
CREATE FOR THE SAKE OF CREATING

http://www.neighborhoodstudios.com
Firestorm

Post by Firestorm »

I'd imagine it'll still look really good in B&W... plus you can always keep a director's cut. The stills (edit: and video) look gorgeous, keep up the good work.