Pics from my new movie! (New Pics May 6th!) + video!

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Ugh yeah i know its a bit annoying actually, its cos the ground was slanted in this old factory courtyard. I may rotate it in post i think (just a little) but you have to be careful cos where there standing its more level - its more to the right of the frame it starts to slant.

Argh hehe, ill post a fixed version later with some more pics thanx foxwood. :)
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

no problem that is why you were posting pictures so we could coment on things constructivly.
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Yep that is why - absolutely. I just don't have time for people with unconstructive criticism who try to point score. Im known for giving detailed reviews that are long and constructive myself (albeit darkelastic is still waiting for his!)

Well got more pics coming mostly from the 'funeral scene' though its not exactly a funeral scene more a (grieving by the unmarked grave scene lol.)

Also the recent pics have exhibited a slightly different look to the earlier ones in the forest and prison, i prefer the more recent pics and so they have more that kind of cinematography / grading now.
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

That was definitely one of the funnier exchanges I've seen around here.

Just one question - is the sky simply graded footage you added in or did you create it from scratch?

Also, with the cloned soldiers - I noticed the reason they look fake is because you've got your actors grouped in threes and fours, instead of having them evenly spaced. Or has that largely been fixed by this point?
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Yeah ur totally right about the soldiers - its not as bad imo with the firing line (there executing civies aiee) but with the police it looks fake - i hadnt cloned em before so i was a bit overly paranoid ha! In post, I will add a few more thru keyed extras i think. Not been fixed yet. In fact we will be coming back to those original pics looking very different (to match with these new colours. and backgrounds.)

The sky is sometimes natural and sometimes totally replaced - it depends on the shots naturally, maybe about half and half.

Yep the exchanges were amusing, ive become impatient in my old age!

THERE IS AN AMAZING shot im gonna try to do cg wise - and it involves a montage of Russia invading hungary, where you'll see like tanks and men and stuff. Again it won't look totally real and im not filming it yet but im totally looking forward to this.
kene555
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by kene555 »

Im looking forward to the CG shot.

What type of music will you be using for the soundtrack?
CREATE FOR THE SAKE OF CREATING

http://www.neighborhoodstudios.com
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Basically the soundtrack will consist of a sheet music composition especially made for the film - that will feature a mixture of synthetic and genuine instrument playing that is in the style of a classical music style composition (with piano, strings, and so on.)

The music will have a romantic flavour to it, I will post an early version of the main theme of the film on piano with some pics later. So I will be recording basically solo performances that will go on top of synthetic percussion for example and other things.

Yep that particular CG shot could be a disaster (but i hope not) lol its part of a montage, and basically will feature cloned soldiers in front of and behind an advancing CG tank. If it looks a fakish thats fine (at least if its in the comic book style of the film.) im just hoping i can make it look cool hehe.
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Heres some more pics ;) I've gone back to one with a car that someone mentioned here needing fixing ;)

Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

This post is like 10 years long and being the lazy American I am I don't want to go searching for the answer if it has already been stated. When will you have this done and online?
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

When will you have this done and online?
Well hopefully it will be done before your friend Gyro hits puberty muhahahaah...

In actual fact the film got delayed because of work and rubbishness (that will soon no longer be an obstacle to filmmaking time yipee) but basically ths film has taken about 4 - 5 weeks (with like 2 months delay in the middle) - this is real appx.

I expect anyway to have it finished by the first week or two of May ;)
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Lawriejaffa wrote:hopefully it will be done before your friend Gyro hits puberty muhahahaah...
He already has...he can grow a beard!

But I know what you mean...we've had a lot of delays with Preinct 71.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

I totally can!
@seanbagley
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

muahaha hehe, well now i just can't wait to get the film done however, it is a lot longer too now - 25mins, If i posted the first and last drafts of the script it would be a completely different film. However on an upside though, a lot of firsts are being stuck in this film (for me that is) new graphics and well soon some 3d models eek.

Yep, making films is def a full time job and its definately important to try and (god knows how) sometimes give yourself the time needed to complete a film!

You guys have been at Precinct 71' for a wee while too - but in the end of the day, its worth taking the time to get it perfect (if you have the time) - especially for u guys as having good work serves as great calling cards when your starting out.
angusware
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by angusware »

my lifelooooooooooooooooooong ambitioon is to grow a beard (and then make films)
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Righto, well you will have this but, just as these new scenes have been done, so have the old scenes been re-edited and they include new grading. The effects might be a little less stylised than my first posts of pics (when they were all like different colours haha.)

Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Edited cos p2 pic was sooo huge it was screwing up the thread on my monitor eek
Last edited by Lawriejaffa on Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Righto well ive been reworking the old police line in the riot scene taking into account SgtPadrino's comments about how they appear in groups of 4 make them stand out.

I've also changed some of their faces a little, adding bits and bops to make them look less similar. I think if you stare at the image its easy enough to spot clones eventually but im fairly satisfied that with this, the rolling fog, and the twinking lights and sounds of the factory that theres enough going on in the shot without too detailed an examination hehe.

kene555
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by kene555 »

very nice!

looking forward to the end product
CREATE FOR THE SAKE OF CREATING

http://www.neighborhoodstudios.com
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

looks good.
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Thanx guys,

Heres some more pics from the riot scene hehe let the revolution begin hehe

Nba185

Post by Nba185 »

looking good. can't wait.
myspace.com/minshproductions
myspace.com/minsh_com

Selling adobe softwares. PM for more info.
F.F.F.

Post by F.F.F. »

God, i cant wait! Where did you get that cool old car?
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Guys bear with me im making a cute and silly video for you guys which you'll like - it shows how u can achieve quite a cinematic look with er just photoshop training and magic bullet ;) I hope you'll like this -

(oh and the car is a photoshop image from a 3d model)
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Yep well here you go guys, this isnt really how the scene goes in the film (i mean its just music in this)

But its a great example of just how u can be pretty cinematic even with a video camera (even shooting in SD) - And while we can't all be great DP's like Gyro, you can with effects and some images be able to tell stories that take place anywhere and anytime almost in the world - even with a limited budget

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV0SMGoPmwU
F.F.F.

Post by F.F.F. »

Very good. I loved the effects.
I could not telll the car was CG, even though I usually have a good eye for it.