Pics from my new movie! (New Pics May 6th!) + video!

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Yeah well theres a montage scene that deals with the russian invasion, it should intersplice with a graphic animation of the soviet union gobbling up hungary.

Cutting between the map and fighting in the streets yep (and 3d tanks) and things like that.

I'll post more screens when that stuffs done! It's hard tho cos this film is uber low budget lol
britishbulldog
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by britishbulldog »

lol it looks like youve done very well for such a low budget film with all the actors, costume, and props. will the tanks be on the map or cgi in the actually action sequences?
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Well i posted a tank in an action type sequence in a screen shot already but that tank is just an image matte (tho its turret is animated) but im trying to learn to import and animate things in Cinema 4d, so with that being the case, i intend to have some 3d tanks and yeah they would be in an action sequence within a montage.

So yep, guys shooting at a tanks, a tank shooting back (blowing up a building) and a russian bomber streaking gunfire onto a city building.

Yep there is in fact only 200$ to make this film and its all spent whaaaaaaa....

I'm actually just bankrupt at the mo (the actors got all the ££ what little there was!) But we'll keep going with the power of CGI
Nba185

Post by Nba185 »

Excellent and fantastic. will you be posting the movie as well?
myspace.com/minshproductions
myspace.com/minsh_com

Selling adobe softwares. PM for more info.
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Yep i mean if it ends up being totally incredible the movie, then ill try to get it on a late night tv station or something first (but really its a non-commerical film) and it will feature here when it goes online
youngfilmmaker
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by youngfilmmaker »

I like the color correction.
www.freewebs.com/skyrocketstudios

The majority of Americans - the ones who never elected you - are not fooled by your weapons of mass distraction.
-Michael Moore
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr_wcWe_1X4

Here is a sneak peak at scene 2,

Its a talkie scene, and i'd love to see if you guys like the theatrical noir kind of feel its going for?

Film students that saw it (social realists) hated its romantic feel and said NO audiences would want it ARGH.

I of course disagree, but would love some feedback.

I will post more scenes soon :)
Almondo99
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Almondo99 »

First, I love the style. I don't know why, It reminds me of old movies, with an extra flair. The lighting in the scene is excellent, the shadows really add to the picture.

The audio levels are way too low, and should be cranked up a couple DBs. The gunshot didn't have that powerful sound, that should be there for such a dramatic scene. Also, the "NNNOOOOO!!!" is kind of overdone in many movies, and is the only thing that took me out of the scene. The actor that screamed it though did it well. The music was good also; quick question: was the score original?

The still cameras work here, I think they add to the look you are trying to achieve (and have done very well) The blurring of the background adds a lot, but it seems like it is a bit overdone in some places, like the medium shot in the beggining. The acting drew me in and was very good. The dialogue was well written too.

My favorite part of the scene was the line that is written on the canvas, it makes me want to see this film even more. Great job, it's nice to see something new on these forums and can't wait to see more :)
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

I think personally Almondo that your spot on with those comments, yeah i made that sound export way too low for youtube (duh) and yep i need to improve that gun quality sound.

Oh *blush* thanx for the complement about the dialogue.

I will be posting this film to be seen online when its done, it represents a style of theatre and noir that ive always loved, and im glad someone else likes it cos i got a real hammering from some film students recently (social realists who prefer urban modern films with techno music etc.)

They'd said the acting was terrible, the dialogue was terrible and (oh the list went on) but worst they said that NOBODY would want to see this kind of film nowadays !

I was like ARGH anyways thanx for comments - any more lads!
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Righto well this film is still getting made - i had to let it go for a few weeks cos of university rubbish.

Anyway its back on track and here are more screens. I am at total odds about the cinematography for this film - there is going to now be two versions

1 that is colour (and will be totally redone from the old screens i posted)
2 a b&2 version that will have different artificial light changes and more softness.

*gulp*

Anyway here are some new stills and here is a wee montage from the old black and white version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soj_ONdhQ9w

maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

The old one looks fine, I just think that last screen is overly saturated. The color correction looks perfect to me, why change it?
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Yep actualy thats it straight out camera (The last pic) still to be graded - Yeah the reason is beacuse the colours while cool in individual pics arent very consistent in terms of the whole film - in other words the scenes are changing too much in style. So there is going to be a more universal style applied to the film (that works well the films few animated sequences) that are based on soviet constructivism art (that is like the cut out photos of big muscular guys with tilted up views etc) ar *ahem*

I will post more pics, there is also a b&W noir version which has a very different grading (and with subtle additional artifical lights and contrasts) that i will post pics up of as i think some of u may like that as well!
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Jperson »

All looks great...
[url=http://tinite.com][img]http://onstoryline.com/Atinitefilmsstrip.gif[/img][/url]
youngfilmmaker
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by youngfilmmaker »

Pretty Sweet..
www.freewebs.com/skyrocketstudios

The majority of Americans - the ones who never elected you - are not fooled by your weapons of mass distraction.
-Michael Moore
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Thanks guys, im also doing a noir version of the film, here are some stills - see whatya reckon :)

Here are some pics of the same scene for the noir b&w version i am also gonna try and make.

I particularly like the pic with the added lights coming in these windows however, as you can see its not done yet, i need to do some gfx (as the light isnt coming in properly around the top corner of the window.) The noir version features artificial lights added here and there.

NGFilms03

Post by NGFilms03 »

Noir version? Why not just have it noir for the real thing?? Those pics look bloody fantastic!! I haven't read through both pages, so I don't know if anyone's asked... But what sort of budget did you have for the film? Very professional-looking. Well done :D
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Bless your heart NG Films nice of you to say.

Well the thing is black and white films are harder to get shown full stop (just a straight off fact) even if it is a film noir! So what im doing is making a stylised colour version for the normal film, and a different post edited back and white Noir version. The edit is roughly the same but the post effects and stuff will be considerably different.

The budget was about $500 for the film (this is just cash of course, - if ur talking about the value of the folk who volanteer then its like any film, priceless - or much higher hehe.)

Heres 2 more pics juuuuust for you mate :)

Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

I feel like im spamming my own thread, but i thought hey i gotta see what ya think of this shot - and the car of course :)

Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

So i decided to spam my thread again like some er spamming man.

Now this shot looks so much better moving - you have to imagine the smoke coming out the stacks - and also a greyish smog drifting over the actors (which is why there lighter and less cotrasted in pic - and more so in pic 2 with the foreground smog blowing over :)

Its a scene opener i hope! And look Indiana the CG car makes its return hehe

UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Very bleak looking, reminds me of Claude Berri's Germinal. The car looks huge in that picture though, the perspective hurts my brain!
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Thanx man i aint seen that film ! I'll check it out - tho i gotta say i think the car is the right size tho? But ill check out that movie u recommend mate cheers :)
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

It's mostly in the first shot that it really jumps out at me, seems like if the actors were next to the car they would only come up to the door handles! Germinal is a faitly interesting film, might not be the most captivating story for some people, but the visuals are absolutely stunning in some shots, captures the forlorn mood very well.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
pdj
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by pdj »

Impressive, keep up the great work
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Looking again at the pic and it seemed too saturated, and the foreground and background was a bit too different.

So sorted it and here we go again :)

UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

New pic looks much better, and with some of the focus take off the car it doen't jump out at me right away anymore. Very cool looking.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.