Is there any Software for Script Making?

This forum is for the discussion of scripts and storyboards. Post your hints, tips or requests here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

LocoArts

Is there any Software for Script Making?

Post by LocoArts »

I am awful at writing scripts....

Is there any computer programs that help put your ideas,etc in script form? Is there anything at all that can help?

??

thanks
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Is there any Software for Script Making?

Post by DEDFX »

Celtix
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

I am awful at writing scripts....Is there anything at all that can help?
woaah woah now, ok there isnt a program that makes you write good stories, cause thats what your question sounds like.
but Celtx does make it easier to write in script format, not make it easier to write good scripts....ya know?
Zac
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Zac »

scriptbuddy.com is really good, the only thing you have to worry about is the story itself nothing about the format or anything.
cept you can only have one script at a time, or else you have to pay, so wat you do is you just copy and paste it into word or something like that and then delete it off the web-site and start a new one. :)
I like you, when the world is mine, your death shall be quick and painless.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Its not really all that hard to write scripts, i find it alot easier than writing stories.
Just read a few scripts off the net and ull see how they are expressed and told.
Just come up with a sentance of what u want ur movie to be... for example "An assassin gets backstabbed and kills his whole family, but one is left" i dunno, just anything like that. Then build it off from that and have more and more things to what happens and stuff. Its not hard.
Hide or fight for your life?
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

It's hard to become a good scriptwriter if your not good at it, unless you have a good story in your head. You just need many poeple to look over your scripts and see what they think because to you it may seem great but to other it may seem like cr**.
Bodysnatcher
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Bodysnatcher »

everyone writes scripts in different ways, I am a visual writer so my scripts have lots of direction in them, I owuld say that 80% of my scripts are what are NOT said, yet I know writers who dont even bother with punctuation or spelling as they are getting a rough idea and no one else will read it. Most seemto start off with the bare bones and then re write after re write to 'flesh it out'.
http://www.freewebs.com/bodysnatcher-productions