action film?

This forum is for the discussion of scripts and storyboards. Post your hints, tips or requests here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

robosays21

action film?

Post by robosays21 »

hey yall this is a plot for a movie i might do. just tell me what ya think. also, can yall gimme a title for it? thanks!

There are two cops, Neil Davis and Miles Wells. They were hanging out at Neil’s house when they get a call. There is a robbery in progress at a local grocery store. The two cops both go. When they get there, the robbers are not armed, but Neil gets nervous and ends up shooting one of the robbers. The robbers ended up being brothers, Nick and Felix Bell. Nick is the one who gets shot. When Felix gets out of prison, he seeks revenge against Neil Davis. Felix gets convinced that instead of just killing him, he’ll kidnap his kid and torture her until Neil confronts him.
OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: action film?

Post by OutcastJiob »

Why are two cops hanging out at the guy's house but still answering calls? I'm pretty sure you can't just hang out if you're on duty, and if they're off-duty, why are they accepting calls?

Here's what I'd suggest.

Make the two cops be a cashier at the store and a friend. They're hanging out while the cashier is on break, and the robbery happens. The friend has a concealed carry license and shoots both robbers because he mistakenly assumes they're armed. Don't make the robbers be brothers; it's cliche to avenge wrongs done to your family in a film. Make the robbers just be part of a gang that always kills anyone who takes on of their men down. And the gang decides to take down the guy with the concealed carry because he killed two of their men, so as you said, they abduct his kid.

That's just my suggestions to ease the cliches a bit, but you don't have to listen to that at all, of course. Just a few ideas.
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
TroubledCobraStudios

RE: action film?

Post by TroubledCobraStudios »

it kind of reminds me of the film "Four Brothers"

maybe you could have the cop shoot on of the robbers, then the cop who just shot the robber, get shot by the OTHER robber. the other robber gets away, and the cop who wasnt shot goes after him....

but i guess that is also a bit cliched.
www.freewebs.com/troubledcobrastudios