John Matts - The News Man

This forum is for the discussion of scripts and storyboards. Post your hints, tips or requests here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

redlightoncamera

John Matts - The News Man

Post by redlightoncamera »

Ok, I am sorry about having my script on a different address but it wouldn't all fit. The script is on

http://www.freewebs.com/growlingdog/MED ... 5FMan.html

I need new stuff to add, so if anyone has any suggestions please post in this topic your ideas.

I made this some time last year so can't fully remember everything but here is the main idea.

Interview 1.

John: Today is a big day for me and for everyone watching. Your all going to see what it is like to broadcast on a real life television show. (camera keeps changing angle) let me tell you one thing, we go live, i mean really, unno, how cool is that. Not just some cheap station, we go live..everyday!

Interview 2.

John: There are moments in television that touch you greatly. The ones where you won't ever forget what happened. I remember once doing a live broadcast on the network with this guy. It was just so funny how he took it. He had no problems. I was excused straight away.

Broadcast 1.

Blake: The people ran from every direction. It was just black everywhere I looked. The blood. The screaming.

John: Ok that is really great but I need to ask a huge favour of you. I really need the toilet. So would we be able to just say pause the broadcast?

Blake: Ah...ok?

John: (smiling) It's a twoer so we're all good right?

Blake: Umm..ok, I guess?

Interview 3.

John: People often say to me, you can't be good looking and deviver reliable news, but i guess aftre I was born I changed that meaning, now you can!

Interview 4.

John: Doing the news, let me tell you, it ain't just about giving a story. I think the story can be on a bit of paper or it can be on the television. (silence because he doesn't make sense for 5 seconds) cut to another interview.

Interview 5.

John: There are always news story’s that can touch people on the inside. I remember a great story I did. I atually cried. For a tough guy like me that's terrible. Anyway I think you'll like it.

News Report 1.

John: (tears going down face) I remember it. Very good. Wouldn't disappoint. V8 engine. Bloody good car.

Interview 6.

John: (looks at watch) Well, time for what you have all been waiting for. Studio time! Let's take you down.

Walking down to studio 1.

John: Ok, all I kind of have to do is make sure there ain't a car in here and we are all set to go.

Setting up in studio 1.

John: Now it is time, yep, that's right, we are going to do a live broadcast to the town. So we do need to get the lighting right and the rest of the stuff you do to prepare a television station.

Interview 7.

John: I really think, I am capable of more than one thing. I mean, I am cameraman, editor, and the rest (laughs weirdly)

Setting up studio 2.

John: Ok, now I just get my camera on. Than I press this button here. (press' button) and then we go on air in 5 seconds.

(he is seen walking over and siting down on a chair out the front of a big white bed sheet)

News broadcast in studio 1.

John: Hello everyone. Again you are watching me, live from a studio. In today’s news, 436 people die when something came out of the sky. They all died. Also, 28 people are in a serious condition when a man went crazy in the streets. He shoot at 26 people none died and another 2 more are injured. It is believed they may have been injured from something else but happened to be on the seen. But now to our top story, 5 units around the corner from here are going on sale for just 365, 000 (365 thousand dollars), what a bargain! Time to talk to our Prime Minister James Panther. Hello James.

James: Yes, hi John. So what is the topic today?

John: Well today I though we could talk about...

(mobile phone rings)

John: Ah, I might have to take this.

(answers phone)

John: Ah, hello. (5 second pause) Oh hey there babe. (6 second brake) Sure baby, I will come. (4 second brake) No babe, I won't be late. (5 second brake) Oh, yeah, trust me I am looking forward to it.

(call ends)

John: Far out, I hate it when my mum calls me when I am at work.

Interview 9.

John: Being the 'news man' (using sarcastic fingers) can give you a reputation. Mine is good I can tell you that.

(video plays of John walking up to someone)

John: Hey there, how's it going?

Man on street: (beep) off

Interview 10.

John: Location, Location, Location, boy oh boy I love location, (weird laugh again). You guys are lucky by far. I just happen to be doing some news on the bush. So maybe we should go now. Do the story and come back for a chat.........

(Walking down street)

John: Love it, love it, love it. Location!

(setting up camera)

John: I sometimes find it abit hard. Setting up the camera. All the stuff I do for the community.

(Standing there with camera on tripod pointing at him)

John: This bush, handsome bush it is, the animals, the plants, the tress...

(car pulls up)

Man in car: Hey, doing a school project are you?

John: No, I run a local television station.

Man in car: You’ve gotta be joking?

John: What?

Man in car: nothing, anyway I was going to ask for some directions.

John get’s angry

John: I am trying to film a damn news story.

Man in car: Won’t be long to tell me where to go.

John: Sorry, I cannot help you.

Man in car: Don’t worry, it won’t take long.

John: Arr……just p*** off ok.

Man in car: Jez, I was just trying to get some help to get to the local television station.

John: Wait, I can help.

Man in car: No don’t worry.

(car speeds away)

John: Anyway, as I was saying. The bush, handsome place it is. The greens, the browns…..

(tripod falls down with camera on top)

John: Oh shi..seen ends

Siting on office

John: Ok, welcome to the ‘special effect’s department’ (using sarcastic fingers). Now I will show you some stuff I have edited for the news. Ok, here you go have a watch.

(throws a VHS tape)

(sound man comes over with smashed tape)

Soundman: Ok, the tape smashed when you threw it.

John: I have heaps of copy’s though. Don’t worry about it.

Soundman: Ah, well when you threw it and it fell into a few more of your tapes. Maybe you should put them onto a DVD?!

John: ‘the digital revolution’ (using sarcastic fingers) To easy, I like to challenge my self, have fun, not screw around with some damn computer.

Soundman: Isn’t that a computer behind you?

John: That, isn’t, really..have I showed you the news set yet?

Interview 11.

John: Well I hope you did enjoy a day in the life of me. This is what happens everyday for me.

All the fun I have.

(mobile phone rings)

(john answers)

John: Hello (8 seconds) I won 35 million dollars?

(camera keeps changing between different angles of him being so relieved for 10 seconds..

John: Far out. This is a prank call is it? (3 seconds) Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. (5 second brake) s***, wrong number.

Credits begin.

(fades out)

(credits begin)
redlightoncamera

RE: John Matts - The News Man

Post by redlightoncamera »

Any comments?
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Mr.Anderson »

........I am completely confused. I dont know if its the way youve written it or what. Is this your script? I dont know what....but whatever the problem.......Im completely confused.
"People can misinterpret almost anything so that it coincides with views they already hold. They take from art what they already believe."

-- Stanley Kubrick
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

It's like looking into the mind of a mental patient...
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.