Idea of Revenge

This forum is for the discussion of scripts and storyboards. Post your hints, tips or requests here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

dennismv

Idea of Revenge

Post by dennismv »

I have a script with 3 characters. Master, Wizard, and Magician.

Master is an evil character who after some plot twists kills Magician with a knife. Wizard sees the scene of murder but is too late to save Magician. Wizard who also has a knife rushes up to the scene. He wants revenge. The question is How.

From here I want to try going for two things:
* beat Master in his own game -- challenge Master with the knife but without killing him.
* Kill or do something to Master in some way without using a knife (as I feel using a knife will be repetitive -- Master kills with a knife, then Wizard kills with a knife. Also Wizard is a good character and I don't want to make him do stuff like directly killing someone)

For the 2nd part I can have Wizard cast a spell on Master to kill him or something, but for the first part I don't know what to do. Also I'd like to have realistic thing, something that could have happened. As such I don't want to use things like spells and magic, but instead something a real person would do. And I want Wizard to kick Master's butt !! Ya ! Perhaps something like in Ninja/Action movies.

Would you have a suggestion for how to make a good revenge ?
Save

RE: Idea of Revenge

Post by Save »

yeah, he is a wizard... Therefore Magics are is weapon.. or am I wrong?
In Magic you have endless options... Be creative. :)
TroubledCobraStudios

Post by TroubledCobraStudios »

im confused as to whether master/wizard/magician are actually what they say they are or whether those are just code names or something...

because if you want it to be realistic..........i really have no idea....realistic, but with magic.....yeah.....
www.freewebs.com/troubledcobrastudios
Nba185

Post by Nba185 »

Wizards have magic so they could change into someone else, etc? Someone close to Master, who Master trusts.. First, torture(As in: bankrupt, wife dead, etc..) before killing.
myspace.com/minshproductions
myspace.com/minsh_com

Selling adobe softwares. PM for more info.
Zac
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Zac »

isnt it obvious? you simply need to make good friends with the anti-christ, then grab a video camera and film him possesing and destroying some poor mans soul. you can also get quite a few satanic rituals on ebay, and another good thing, you dont have to sell ur soul, just sell someone elses, or sacrafise blood, and that doesnt have to be yours either. :devilfire:

no but seriously i wouldnt use a knife... they have magic for a reason you know.
-a cool idea is from an episode of buffy, make him rip the guys skin off with a click of his fingers.
-get him to have the blade or whatever of the knife that killed the magician drive itself extremely slowly into the masters gut
-get the wizard look strongly into the masters eyes then.... :blowup: (apart from the tnt in mouth part). or, for a more horrific alternation, have just the eyes explode :)
I like you, when the world is mine, your death shall be quick and painless.
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Mr.Anderson »

If you dont want the characters to use magic and only do realistic things.....why are there wizards and magicians and masters at all? Just use normal people in the modern day world, it will make things MUCH easier on you.
"People can misinterpret almost anything so that it coincides with views they already hold. They take from art what they already believe."

-- Stanley Kubrick
dennismv

Post by dennismv »

I filmed the movie and I have used magical powers. By "realistic" I meant that whatever they do it had to be remotely believable. As in the movie situation the killer, no matter how weird he is could have happened. The killer doesn't fly around like superman (not believable), but he runs around with very weird ideas and very weird looking knife (that's more realistic). For a magician to look at someone and have them die in a weird way is not believable. But for a magician to look at someone, magically produce a knife and kill them is more realistic.

But I've decided to get away from reality and go into the fantasy world more. Thus the magician starts saying incantations spells and starts waving his hands around ominously. Then the Master start to choke, scream and wiggle. Then he finally dies.