Beginning of script and i'm stucked

This forum is for the discussion of scripts and storyboards. Post your hints, tips or requests here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Nba185

Beginning of script and i'm stucked

Post by Nba185 »

I need help. I do not know how to continue this script. Any ideas? Suggestions for title are welcomed!

CAST
DANIEL SEKARAN
DEREK SEKARAN
VANNY - an orphan
EXTRA1 - Unlucky fella beaten up by vanny, have not thought of name.

“UNNAMED YETâ€
myspace.com/minshproductions
myspace.com/minsh_com

Selling adobe softwares. PM for more info.
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Beginning of script and i

Post by Mr.Anderson »

umm.....Thats exactly like the beginning of American History X. Even the names are the same. I wanted you to see that to get inspired, get some ideas....not to rip off. Hate to come down on you, but that really is way to close to AHX. You need to majorly rework it. A total overhaul. Start fresh. PM me some time and I will gladly try to work on this some with you. I wanna help, I can tell you are probably an ok writer that's just tapped out of ideas. The dialogue of yours, the stuff you wrote, needs work as well. The kinda stuff that can be written, but not said. Try to say "This is only the beginning" with an evil smile as serious as you can and tell me it doesnt feel cheesy. But yeah, I'm not trying to be an a$$, i honestly want to help. PM me anytime.
"People can misinterpret almost anything so that it coincides with views they already hold. They take from art what they already believe."

-- Stanley Kubrick
TroubledCobraStudios

RE: Beginning of script and i

Post by TroubledCobraStudios »

yeah, that is almost the same as american history x. i dont know if you tried to do that or if it was just a coincidence....because that would be a huge coincidence...just saying...
www.freewebs.com/troubledcobrastudios
chrisgreen
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by chrisgreen »

You really need to work out the whole storyline before you write the script, i've tried writing "off the cuff" before, but it doesn't work. Plan the whole thing first; start, beginning and end. This way you can see that the story works, and change anything which may suck before you start writing (it also stops you becoming stuck).
Bodysnatcher
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Bodysnatcher »

Try to say "This is only the beginning" with an evil smile as serious as you can and tell me it doesnt feel cheesy.
Very true, I read my scripts from cover to cover as I write, saying them aloud can help with character definition and also helps you to stop rambling and keep the flow going
http://www.freewebs.com/bodysnatcher-productions