Nazi Occupied England

This forum is for the discussion of scripts and storyboards. Post your hints, tips or requests here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

chrisgreen
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Nazi Occupied England

Post by chrisgreen »

Hey there, just finished researching into some scenerios which will create the basis for my new script that im planning to write. If you haven't guessed by the title, it's about what the UK would be like if (in the unlikely event) that Hitler would have succeded in invading the UK during WW2. I'll post the two scenarios which i have made, take a look and say what ya think of em (i have to pick one).

Scenario 1:
 1937, FDR is assassinated, his predecessor fearful of public approval, does not engage in military involvement
 Without US aid German U-boats strangle the UK supplies. Under the economical strain Churchill is forced to resign
 Britain signs a peace treaty with Germany as long as they de-militaris
 1941 Japan invades China
 Without British involvement Hitler focuses more of his forces at Stalinist Russia, Japan aids the German war machine with promises from Hitler for aid in the Pacific
 The two front assault on the USSR causes it to be slowly crushed but the Axis forces
? During the 1950’s the BUF gains a foothold on the political scene once again with Oswald Mosley at the helm (backed by the Nazi government)
 Hitler invades

Scenario 2:
 24th May 1940, German Panzer divisions assault Dunkirk, capturing and killing the majority of BEF in France.
 This hits Britain hard and reduces moral to a dangerously low level
 Churchill is forced to resign by the cabinet, the new government signs peace treaty with Germany as long as the UK begins to disband its armed elements
 The Nazi forces redirect their forces to the USSR and defeat Stalin.
 During the 1950’s the BUF gains a foothold on the political scene once again with Oswald Mosley at the helm (backed by the Nazi government)
 Hitler invades the UK

These are just theories into what might happen with a little bit of creative licence on my part, from here i'd try and make accounts from members of the public, military, resistance etc of what it'd be like to live under Nazi occupation. This would probally be done through voice overs and just little pieces around the set to give the impression of Nazi rule, e.g. a photo of Buckingham palace with Nazi flags draped from the windows something like that. What do you lot think?
ZombieKrieg2005

RE: Nazi Occupied England

Post by ZombieKrieg2005 »

I prefer the second one, but if you make Churchill resigning himself, similar to his resignation in 195 for his part in the dardenelles expedition, as this may have been more to his character. Major question, is this set as the invasion is happening, or some years after? as this would dramatically alter the mood of the piece.
http://lyssophobiaproductio.tripod.com/
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ctbullet »

i've had ideas like this for ages but putting it into a script i always found difficult, its the resistance bit that really intrigued me, easy to pull off in filming, great fun to do

i'd like to no a little more as to why churchill resigns, he wasn't a puff....
Our Combat Years: In production
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com
darrigaz

Post by darrigaz »

i have heard that exact scenario, to the letter even the bit about oswald mosely on a BBC7 7th dimension drama. You may have copyright issues if you try taking this idea further. Wish i could remember the name of the programme ill try and find it out for you.
----------------------------------------------
WOOT SIGAGE!!!
Yeh ....... It's really not that exciting after all
chrisgreen
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by chrisgreen »

Chuchill would have only resigned after immense pressure from the rest of the government and a largly unhappy public, not something he did likely.

Darrigaz, i really don't know where you have seen this before. I can garentee you that i haven't looked at any copyrighted material whilst making this. My main sources being www.military.com forums and Wikipedia. Especailly the addtion about Mosely, that is something i put in there at 11 o'clock last night. If you can remeber it i'd be really greatful, this is the first major research i've done for a project and i don't want it to be exactly the same as something else (bloody beeb, lol).

Im still not sure when exactly it'd be set after all this has happened, i was thinking about after the populus had settled down a bit. That way people could re-count events easier and i could have people remembering friends being dragged off and killed (e.g. ethenic minorties). One specific one i've thought would be from the Widow of a woman who married a black man who was arrested and killed and she was shamed (Nazis very against mixed race relations you see), i think her accounts of this could be very powerful.
britishbulldog
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by britishbulldog »

Immigrants only came to england after the second world war and in this alternate universe when the nazis came to power the chances of them inviting 20 million foreigners into the country would be quite slim, in conclusion it wouldnt make sense why dont you make it a gay couple and then call it V for Vendetta (god that was the worst film i've ever seen)

O yer your idea has been done before but only in documentary form and with little explanation behind it apart from a load of plans people had found which were detailed plans for the invasion of britain
ZombieKrieg2005

Post by ZombieKrieg2005 »

Assuming the Nazis would have bought in their laws into britain in a similar way that they bought them in on the rest of the occupied territories, then due to the racial purity act even a woman married to an immigrant would have most likely been taken. Britishbulldog, immigrants have been entering this country for thousands of years, there were black people in England from the late 1700's (when I can first find record, almost certainly before then)

chrisgreen, I was only considering his actions previously, where he would resign his position of authority where he failed and try for a new job further down the command structure, going from a Lord of the Admiralty to a regular officer in WW1, and a similar action in the North-indian territories (the incident escapes me at the moment).

An idea such as this cannot be copyrighted, as we can see from the recent court case of H Blood, H Grail and the Da Vinci code. The basis for the idea is just too broad.
http://lyssophobiaproductio.tripod.com/
chrisgreen
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by chrisgreen »

I know its an idea that has been played with before, but i thought i'd create the most realstic (and plausable) as i was able to. It has always been a great "what it?" and what if's are best shown as real as possible (i think).

I get what your saying zombie, i suppose its what viewers would find the more realistic. I don't have difficulty seeing him resign or him being forced to resign, i know the matters were out of his control, but MPs are responsible for what happens to the country whether it was his fault or not. Thanks for your comments guys, keep em coming.
britishbulldog
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by britishbulldog »

ok these black people would work at dockyards and be sailors or slaves unless your talking about wales and any other immigrants in the eyes of nazis would be white aryan europeans
chrisgreen
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by chrisgreen »

Im mainly focusing on ethnic minorities and same sex relationships etc, things that Hitler would certainly take a very hard line against.
JackBauerII

Post by JackBauerII »

I like the ideas. I prefer the second one and have another idea to suggest. If you want America to get envolved, maybe the Enola Gay gets shot down before it reaches Hiroshima or Nagisaki, changing the tide of the war.
If it can be written, or thought, it can be filmed.

- Stanley Kubrick

www.monkeypie.net
chrisgreen
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by chrisgreen »

The only issue with this is that Hitler would have already been dead and the Nazi's would be at submission. If the nukes hadn't been dropped then, then Japan and the US would still be at war, but theres a high chance that without the Nazi's to worry about the Allied forces would dispatch with Japan sooner or later.
chrisgreen
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by chrisgreen »

Right so can i see which scenario which people think would work the best? I know there was one definate for S2 here and i have had one vote for S1 elsewhere (plus one more 'cos its my favourite). Can you all please say which ones you'd all rather because im going to write the first part soon and i'd like to see which u lot would think is more realistic.