Jim Morrison script

This forum is for the discussion of scripts and storyboards. Post your hints, tips or requests here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Jim Morrison script

Post by Mr.Anderson »

Ok. I'm not done with this yet. i just wanted to post what i have so far to hear some opinions on it. And let me say, yes this is VERY loosely based on Jim Morrison. Its inspired by events in his life, not based on them. It is also not supposed to be taken literally, more metaphorical, symbollic (sorry if that sounds like the queerest thing ever). But the myth behind it is that some people (im not one of them) believe Jim Morrison is still alive, most likely living in Africa. The only striking fact about this is that only his wife and one un-identified French doctor ever actually saw his body. And only a few months after he died, so did his wife. Both of reasons not easily explained. So, im writing this script to show the other side of Jim Morrison, not so much the drugged out, boozed up rockstar like "The Doors" movie made him. So tell me what you think.

Appearing on screen: “ Meet me
At the crossroads
Meet me
At the edge of town
Outskirts of the city
Just you & I
& the evening sky
You’d better come alone
You’d better bring your gun
We’re gonna have some fun!
When all else fails
We can whip the horse’s
Eyes & make them sleep
& cryâ€
"People can misinterpret almost anything so that it coincides with views they already hold. They take from art what they already believe."

-- Stanley Kubrick
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Jim Morrison script

Post by UFProductions »

It's shaping up very, very good. The one problem I can see with it is the logistics of actually making it. Is it something you belive you can do justice to? Personally I'd suggest you work on it until it's perfect then try bringing it to a studio or producer, it's certainly got the potential from what I've seen. Keep it up, I'd like to see more.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Mr.Anderson »

Yeah, im definitely gonna take time to perfect it. Pretty touchy story for many people, including myself. Thanks for the comment though, i hope to have it finished fairly soon. At least the rough version.
"People can misinterpret almost anything so that it coincides with views they already hold. They take from art what they already believe."

-- Stanley Kubrick
theChad

Post by theChad »

The beginning was good, kind of went a long with a very similar formula to Walk The Line though. What is going to make this one different from every other bio pic out there? It is a good idea and concept, but I don't know if I can buy into it yet. It just reminds me way to much of the Doors Movie right down to the concert and kicking the girl out after sex scene.

Maybe try to focus less on the flash backs, and more on the present. It could be an interesting plot line if you focused more on what happened directly after he "died", do some reseach on how some people think Jim snuck away.

And just for kicks just this out: Jim Lives!
{[url=http://movies.chocolate4breakfast.com]Movie For Breakfast[/url]} - Powered by Dr. Pepper and an unhealthy love of late night movie viewings
ZombieKrieg2005

Post by ZombieKrieg2005 »

I do like the way the FBI call the consumers of the DVD 'Folks' !!

In terms of the script itself, I quite liked it, I think it could do with some background development, although many people are familiar with the facts of his death/disappearence, many would have no clue
http://lyssophobiaproductio.tripod.com/
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Mr.Anderson »

Haha. I love that site, Jim Morrison the cowboy...good stuff.

But yeah. As far as development goes, ive got alot more work to do. I'm positive that im going to end up re-working the script some, even just what i've posted here. Soon I want to get away almost entirely from the "drug abuse" scenes, and get to showing more intimate moments with Jim and Pam, show him writing and developing his poetry more.

-- Stanley Kubrick
JackBauerII

Post by JackBauerII »

Very nice. Awesome idea. I love the Doors and I've read some of Morrison's poetry and I think your script brings out the poet. I agree with Mr. Anderson, show more of Jim and Pam and the poetry. I like the alternating "Good Jim" "Bad Jim."
If it can be written, or thought, it can be filmed.

- Stanley Kubrick

www.monkeypie.net
JackBauerII

Post by JackBauerII »

I was listening to my live version of Rodehouse blues and I heard that dialogue. Ha!

- Stanley Kubrick

www.monkeypie.net
ALove
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ALove »

The Doors rock.
[img]http://acemedia.sandfalls.com/banner.jpg[/img]
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Mr.Anderson »

Haha, yeah, i transcribed that exact dialogue into the script. Thought it would give it a real feeling, that real stage presence Jim Morrison had.

Well, i plan on posting the rest of the finished script within the next day or so. But, i had another idea and i would like some opinions on it. Im sure it will help once youve read the entire script but still...

Should i stick with the working title of "Jim & Pam" or should i use, "1971", reffering to the year Morrison died. I cant decide.

-- Stanley Kubrick
Bullseye

Post by Bullseye »

1971. Definitely. My vote. I liked it, but I think the flashbacks were a little lengthy. You need to tie in alot more of the present that you started us out with. That's what everybody is going to make their mental "present". Have like Pam touching Jim's hand in the hospital room after he says something and it cuts to her hand coming off his hand back in 70 while he was writing something.

Just a thought, I'm usually edge of Doors movies in respect to Morrison himself, heh. I did like Stone's version, but it's way loose.

MTT
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Mr.Anderson »

OK. It is finished now. So I'd love to hear some opinions. Wanna hear if anyone thinks I should change anything, just tell me what you think. (PS: Looks longer than it is, i spaced it out so it would be easier to read)

FADE TO:

EXT. BEACH, LA-MORNING
JIM is leaning against the beam of a pier watching the sunrise. He is holding a blank pad of paper. He brings his pencil up to it, then hesitates. He furrows his brow in mild frustration. He puts the pencil in his pocket then the pad. He turns his back to the sunrise and walks away.

EXT. CONCERT-NIGHT

FADE IN:
We see the audience loudly cheering again. JIM is polishing off a beer. His face is scruffier and hes wearing sunglasses that entirely hide his eys. He sits the bottle down walking back downstage. A entire row of police officers is in front of the stage to keep fans from swarming it. The Doors start playing, “When The Music’s Overâ€

-- Stanley Kubrick
JackBauerII

Post by JackBauerII »

I really like it. Good improvements. Pam was seen a lot more and the transition between 'good Jim' and 'bad Jim' is much more defined. Nice job. I'd love to see the movie. So keep your eyes on the road and your hands upon the wheel!

- Stanley Kubrick

www.monkeypie.net
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Mr.Anderson »

Thank you very much. I'm glad to hear it, i was worried whether or not this would be liked. Oh, i dont think this is an issue..but just in case anyone was wondering. This isnt a rewrite, its a continuation of the first part. Just to make sure. But thanks JackBauerII, glad to hear feedback from someone whos a Doors fan and knows some of the back story. makes me feel better.

-- Stanley Kubrick