The Blind Girl and The Thief

This forum is for the discussion of scripts and storyboards. Post your hints, tips or requests here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

naflish

The Blind Girl and The Thief

Post by naflish »

---
Last edited by naflish on Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
}}}{{{{
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: The Blind Girl and The Thief

Post by ctbullet »

quiet a clever idea, do you have the actors to pull something like this off,

2 parents, 30yr + and a young girl.....
Our Combat Years: In production
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com
naflish

Post by naflish »

thanks.
i dun hv the actors yet. expecially the girl because it'll be hard finding one that's talkative on camera.

this is actually a class assigment. my lecturer said the video should be less than 3 min and he insisted that
this is more than 5 min. so he wants me to compress it more..i dont know what or how to do it..
can u guys help? pleasee...
}}}{{{{
XhuntedoverlordX

Post by XhuntedoverlordX »

I think this one sounds good, it also reminds of those little stories you get in chain letters like the little boy who dies and then sends the note to his mom from heaven (don't act like you've never gotten that one before). I think your short will turn out good though.
Trochaic

Post by Trochaic »

The only flaw I see with this is that the father would know it's his daughter and that she is blind. If he already knew such a thing why would he be terrified when he saw her? Great story by the way, defintely make it.
cantoloupe

Post by cantoloupe »

very clever indeed, if you have really good actors it could be a stellar short, but you really need good actors...
naflish

Post by naflish »

seriously XhuntedoverlordX, i never get that chain letter..
i do remember one story about a boy and a tree, (where the tree is a symbolic to the boy's parent)
the story goes that the boy depends on the tree so much and uses all its resources (its big
branches/leaves to cover himself from sun, the fruits to eat so he'll live and tree bark to turn to wood andmake a raft
so he can sail away..) but then in the end, when he come back to the tree to get more resources, the tree have
nothing else to offer. the boy dies after that and the tree's root cover him into the ground.

thats sort of what i can remember...very tragic ya?
}}}{{{{
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Mr.Anderson »

thats a great idea. Only im a little confused. Im assuming the parents are divorced? Why else would you wear a mask and sneak around swiping things from your own house. So does the thief talk to her? If he did, it would be interesting because the audience would wonder why she isnt reacting to hearing strangers voice. But yes, thats an original, refreshing idea. I honestly like it.
"People can misinterpret almost anything so that it coincides with views they already hold. They take from art what they already believe."

-- Stanley Kubrick
naflish

Post by naflish »

thanks.. yup the parents are divorced. the thief doesnt talk to her.
mr anderson..u think this can be put into 3 minutes as my lecturer ordered?
im really scared this will be rejected if longer than 3 minutes..
}}}{{{{
FabianJansen

Post by FabianJansen »

Pretty damn clever idea i must say! Love to see it when it's done!
"These are the voyages..."
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DarkElastic »

It's good, but would read clearer if your English was better. Put it through your Word Spell-checker before posting.
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
www.orkneymoviegroup.co.uk
Bullseye

Post by Bullseye »

it's good but yeah, why would he be scared if it was his daughter and he knows she's blind?
if she's holding his hand, she'll obviously know, especially if she's blind, that it's not her mom. lets order it, find what we can take out to make it shorter:

Sounds of yelling and fighting about money.
GIRL wakes up, theres a picture of her dad on the dresser in her room (dont need to have any particular emphasis on this). The sounds were from her dream, btw.

GIRL walks down the hall to mom's room, passing a family picture with the dad in it and a few that only features the mom and daughter.

THIEF sees little girl come in, looks to mom sleeping on bed.

GIRL goes to wake mom but THIEF takes her hand.

GIRL leads THIEF to the kitchen.

THIEF gets her something to drink, GIRL asks "mom" (so she thinks) why she always has to fight with the dad, and why he doesn't come home. says she misses him, and wishes they weren't so poor. is money really that important to be happy? something like that, but like 5 sentences. "Why do you always yell on the phone?" no answer "Maybe if we had more money dad would come home. I miss dad. I like to wonder if he's thinking about me. If he misses us enough to come back even though we're poor." something sappy and tear jerking.

The THIEF takes the mask off his face, tears in his eyes.

Cut to outside, the thief getting in his car, taking out a picture of the girl and looking at it.
Cut to inside, the girl's room, sleeping soundly next to the picture of her dad.

you can do that in about 3 minutes. maybe cut out the scenes of her walking down the hall and show the pictures in her mom's room or something.
naflish

Post by naflish »

thanks to everyone who gave support and help me build my confidence in doing this..especially bullseye for giving good suggestions. ive taken note all that and hopefully it'll come out beautiful on screen. surely i'll tell u guys when the project finished and post the link here.
}}}{{{{
naflish

Post by naflish »

Here it is... The Blind Girl & The Thief

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cq0w-tlmGE

thx
}}}{{{{