3D Animation Plot?

This forum is for the discussion of scripts and storyboards. Post your hints, tips or requests here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

FabianJansen

3D Animation Plot?

Post by FabianJansen »

Hey,

I've been working on some 3D star trek based animations. I can't use any models of humans/aliens since they're still waaay beyond me to model well enough.

But modeling any ships/shuttles/large constructions/planets shouldnt be a problem.

The main ship i'll be using is my 'Hanchan' Class ( This is without lighting added. )

I'd really like to hear what people want to see happening in this, it'll be about 5-10 minutes long and won't have anyone speaking, just music/sound. I could use some subtitles but that's about it. So it'll be pretty darn hard to come up with a good plot.

Any ideas/suggestions at all? Meteors hitting the ship/exploding stations/wormhole/ Anything at all you think would look awesome. Little bits that would look cool or whole storylines, anything would help and i'll give credit to the person who came up with the ideas in the final render!
"These are the voyages..."
Bullseye

RE: 3D Animation Plot?

Post by Bullseye »

That ship should totally go through a wormhole and end up in an alternate universe on an air hockey table where it gets knocked around and then sent into the goal, leading them through another wormhole and back to where they were, and then they all go "whoa."
Jimbobsquarepants
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Jimbobsquarepants »

what program are you using
www.freewebs.com/martinman300
no-budget film making.
Bodysnatcher
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Bodysnatcher »

coll pic, you should offer to throw out to any one looking at a bit of green screen sci fi movies?
http://www.freewebs.com/bodysnatcher-productions
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

That picture reminds me of opening scene of The Thing, If you made that how hard is it to make people? Is it like them using their joints and stuff?
aaronv2
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by aaronv2 »

i think instead of making a huge battle make it more realistic. the ship has no textures or dirt on it at all you probably just downloaded the model whacked it in your scene and pointed a light at it. the lighting is a basic one fill and the atmosphere stars and stuff looks cheap and crude.

You need to add maybe a planet a distant galaxy and maybe some star clusters. Its sad that you chose a space scene... everyone with a 3d program does space scenes.

I would instead of making animations start concentrating on basic modeling and texturing and start making every day objects on your own then when you know how to model certain things you can understand how to animate them too. you can play with animation while your learning to model too but my advice is learn to use the program efficiently

Human figures arent hard to model or animate you just need to learn the tricks to it. there are plugins for 3d apps now that set up a humanoid IK rig for you automatically
Muzzle Flashes, Bullet Time, Lightsabers, Buffy Vampire Effects, War Films.... Ahhhhh!
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/aaronv2/bashed.gif[/img]
FabianJansen

Re: RE: 3D Animation Plot?

Post by FabianJansen »

aaronv2 wrote:i think instead of making a huge battle make it more realistic. the ship has no textures or dirt on it at all you probably just downloaded the model whacked it in your scene and pointed a light at it. the lighting is a basic one fill and the atmosphere stars and stuff looks cheap and crude.

You need to add maybe a planet a distant galaxy and maybe some star clusters. Its sad that you chose a space scene... everyone with a 3d program does space scenes.

I would instead of making animations start concentrating on basic modeling and texturing and start making every day objects on your own then when you know how to model certain things you can understand how to animate them too. you can play with animation while your learning to model too but my advice is learn to use the program efficiently

Human figures arent hard to model or animate you just need to learn the tricks to it. there are plugins for 3d apps now that set up a humanoid IK rig for you automatically
Uhm... i made that ship from scratch. And i did mention that the screenshot is a 'preview' without lighting, scenes or textures...

I've been working with Cinema4D for nearly 2 years now :3
"These are the voyages..."