Fighting about the battle of britan (no longeraboutmyscript)

This forum is for the discussion of scripts and storyboards. Post your hints, tips or requests here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

ZombieKrieg2005

RE: My thoughts...

Post by ZombieKrieg2005 »

Have3 read the screenplay and looks very promising.

"a steel helmet really protect a body from a grenade? My first thought when I read this was that the helmet would be ripped into several large pieces of shrapnel as the grenade exploded. Bullets can puncture a steel helmet, so theoretically, an exploding object in a confined space should rip the helmet to shreds, and probably rip into the body as well. My question is, is this necessary to the plot? It makes for a fun story, but it is something that could easily be disproved and then leave a black mark on the film"

It would rip the helmet up. I was in Israel over summer and one of the people on kibbutz had a syrian helmet, similar in design to a German WW2 and it was torn apart from a grenade going off where it had been stored.
http://lyssophobiaproductio.tripod.com/
Bodysnatcher
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Bodysnatcher »

looks a lot better now, keep it going, read it out aloud as it can really make a difference.
http://www.freewebs.com/bodysnatcher-productions
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Zacatac927 »

thanks... i fell stupid now because i gave the script to Joss whedon not reedited and read over
@Zacatac927

www.vimeo.com/zac927
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Zacatac927 »

anyone with reviews on my latest script???
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

World War Two Script (help me the title)

Post by maj_barnes »

The thing about changing stuff that is p*** you off is the beginning line, not the dedication. I said at the end make the dedication for all the people that died, and fought during the war. If having a character monologue state his thoughts pi**es off a group of people: then they should figure out that it is the character's thoughts, not the director or for this case countries thoughts. If we had to change character's thoughts to suite a viewing public then, movies today would be vastly different than what we see.

Even though the budget wouldn't allow great accuracy, they still made a movie about another countries history. But still, having a movie made about your country's history (though inaccurate to some degree; not like the people are racist baby eaters or something) is better than having none.
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: World War Two Script (help me the title)

Post by DarkElastic »

I'm sorry, but saying the World was at War is far more dramatic that America was at War.

Dedications at the end of the film never cover the massive changes made to History, for me. I like to think children are being educated as well as entertained when they watch a film based on history, not America’s version of history.

No, I would rather you not touch anything to do with my country's history, thank you. There was talk about you making a film based on The Battle of Britain about an American squadron - I hope it never happens.
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
www.orkneymoviegroup.co.uk
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Zacatac927 »

Hey GUYS im sorry when i repasted the script i didn't relize that i did not change the title, i know when i thought it over i saw a few people in my head go "hey this wasn't just americans" so i changed it sorry
@Zacatac927

www.vimeo.com/zac927
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DarkElastic »

No Zacatac927 you did change it mate, it's fine. maj_barnes and I are just in a discussion about it all.
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Zacatac927 »

ok
@Zacatac927

www.vimeo.com/zac927
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

I'm sorry, but saying the World was at War is far more dramatic that America was at War.
That's not my point. However more dramatic it is, it still isn't he general consensus of the time.

What massive changes are you talking about? And what is America's verison of history?

I didn't know I was making a film about the Battle of Britain. Cool.

But if my movie is following an American squadron in the Battle of Britain, it would America's history just as much as Great Britain's history. I don't know why you want it not to happen. That's like whites trying to stop The Tuskgee Airmen" production just because it shows blacks in a theather dominated by white pilots.

EDIT:
(Sorry about half of my lines being questions, I know that's annoying.)
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Re: RE: World War Two Script (help me the title)

Post by DarkElastic »

maj_barnes wrote:
That's not my point. However more dramatic it is, it still isn't he general consensus of the time.
What are you talking about? The Consensus at the time was the World was at War, not just America. The World. And you (America) had not been involved in it for that long.

In The Battle of Britain America only had a small number of pilots involved. But, if you (America) made a film about it you would have to have the American pilots shooting everyone down, and pretty much single-handedly winning the battle. Which is no where near true. Don't get me wrong, everyone in the battle did some good, but the American pilots were not that good. Now the Polish they were. If a film was made about them in the Battle of Britain that would be great! As they hated the Nazis for invading them, and would do whatever they could to kill them. But you (Americans) can't do that. Films have to be about you or you're not interested.

Here in Britain film-makers used to make films and cast at least one American in it or it wouldn't do anything at the box-office in your country. Self obsessed?

Do I have to keep educating you about history?
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Re: RE: World War Two Script (help me the title)

Post by maj_barnes »

Have you forgotten my point? Americans could care less if the world was at war. They've been avoiding it for years since its start. If the movie was following an American, then his thought would be: for the safety of his country, remember December 2nd, etc. Not remember Dunkirk or something.

And weren't those pilots going over there under their own free will? They had no motivation besides helping European countries; that doesn't amount to Polish bloodlust? Of course we tend to judge American cinema from just a few. How do you know that the movie will be a Windtalkers or a Platoon? Besides, America is afraid to make a movie about another country's history fearing your backlash!
Films have to be about you or you're not interested.
I find that funny. Troy was about Greeks and Perisans, Schindler's List had everyone in it but Americans, Munich shows Americans as drunk ba***ards, and don't forget Star Wars: they were all in a galxey far far away!

Not really self obsessed since it was the film-makers' choice to throw them in there; I think Britain film-makers are about as shallow as Americans! Besides, did you ever notice the amount of international actors in successful American films?

What history? Are you going to list to me the other 10 or so countries in the Battle of Britain. You know: just to educate me. :)
Last edited by maj_barnes on Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

maj barnes wrote:remember December 2nd
I'm not getting into this, but December 7th? Or did I miss a day in history class...
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

No, that's what they want you to think. :P
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Re: RE: Re: RE: World War Two Script (help me the title)

Post by DarkElastic »

maj_barnes wrote:Are you going to list to me the other 10 or so countries in the Battle of Britain. You know: just to educate me. :)
Yes I will (in Alphabetical order):

America, Austrailia, Belgian, British, Canadian, Czech, French, Irish, Jamaican, New Zealand, Palestine, Poland, Rhodesia & South Africa.
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: World War Two Script (help me the title)

Post by Zacatac927 »

hey guys, i see you all love my script, and love fighting about a movie made about the americans in the battle of britain, and the cover up of Pearl Harbor's date, and all other things start a new topic about this fight
@Zacatac927

www.vimeo.com/zac927
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: World War Two Script (help me the title)

Post by maj_barnes »

I'm done fighting, I got kinda bored. Plus Dark Elastic answered my question, so I'm happy. "P