D-Day

This forum is for the discussion of scripts and storyboards. Post your hints, tips or requests here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

rebelboy

D-Day

Post by rebelboy »

I have been working on a script for a D-Day movie.
The year is 1944 and a man named David Smith is in the 101st airborne division and is dropped over Normandy. He is sepperated from his platoon and throughout the movie he trys to find his platoon and faces many enemys and objectives...
what yall think?

rebelboy
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

lol i think ur joking right hehe?
rebelboy

Post by rebelboy »

no, there something funny
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

I believe Lawrie will be pointing something out about the sheer logistics of a project like this, particulairily monetarily. I have to agree with that, you cannot do this cheaply, and frankly no-one wants to see the same three actors jogging about in a forest with undersized plastic guns. Unless you are really commited this project isn't really feasable. Start small, and work up.
ct_bullet
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ct_bullet »

what props and equipment do you have alrready, how many people in your cast and crew, you have to think about it, it is very difficult
movie fanatic

http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com/
buck_suck

Post by buck_suck »

The year is 1944 and a man named David Smith is in the 101st airborne division and is dropped over Normandy. He is sepperated from his platoon and throughout the movie he trys to find his platoon and faces many enemys and objectives...
And no offense or anything man, but that entire D-Day-my-101th-unit-got-lost thing has been done before (Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers). The concept ain't original man. Hell, even your character's name - David Smith, is a generic name. Unless you have enough resources like the Horrors of War people or something equivalent, it'll pass off as a cheesy ametuer-fan flick copy of Hollywood.

Then again, who knows? You might be able to pull it off. Why not tell us a bit more about your plans and your resources before we make judgement?
UnkindSky

Post by UnkindSky »

I'll tell ya one thing, im makin a Market Garden movie and its gettin pretty expensive. But if you think you have the time and money then be my guest. I would be interested in how it will turn out. And yes David Smith is a pretty genaric name... try to come up with something intesting... like... Steve Cannon or Tyler Polluk. And what rank is he? Private? Corporal? Sergeant? Lieutenant? It would be intesting to know. And please develop more of a story line than that lol. I'm sure it wouldnt be very exciting to see people just running around shooting one another with no real story. I would like to know more
Let god have mercy on my enemies... for i will not...
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Mr.Anderson »

Yeah, i dont wanna sound like a jerk or anything, but that is a pretty un-original idea. Hey, try something that no one does, make your main character a german. Have him be one of the machine gunners in one of the concrete bunkers on Omaha, or a soldier defending a town inland. At least it would be a new perspective, something orginal, hasn't been done before you know?
But once again...it would be quite expensive either way, its great that you've got ambition, but sloooow down. Props and sets for this will cost an un-godly amount of money.
"People can misinterpret almost anything so that it coincides with views they already hold. They take from art what they already believe."

-- Stanley Kubrick
Bodysnatcher
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Bodysnatcher »

[quote="Mr.Anderson"]Yeah, i dont wanna sound like a jerk or anything, but that is a pretty un-original idea. Hey, try something that no one does, make your main character a german. Have him be one of the machine gunners in one of the concrete bunkers on Omaha, or a soldier defending a town inland. At least it would be a new perspective, something orginal, hasnI like the idea above, low budget, from the 'other sides' perspective, maybe a couple of Germany gunners discussing the entire build up and implemntation of the 'event' from the (comparative) safety of a machine gun nest, HQ bunker where information is overheard etc. or am I sounding too much like the German version of Blackadder goes Forth??
http://www.freewebs.com/bodysnatcher-productions
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Zacatac927 »

hey yah my idea started with a budget of 5000 and now its $15000 so yah my idea in short, Four americans are sent to assassinate a german general.... etc.etc.etc and then something goes wrong and its all about 15000$
@Zacatac927

www.vimeo.com/zac927
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

Wow, after this he won't be coming back to these forums.
JackBauerII

Post by JackBauerII »

I'd definitely develop the story more. Seems a bit unoriginal in the short summary you've given. The movie would have the potential of capturing the horror of being alone behind enemy lines, but a few other movies popped into my head after reading it. Again, if you develop it more, it could turn out well.
If it can be written, or thought, it can be filmed.

- Stanley Kubrick

www.monkeypie.net