Idea for a WWII Script

This forum is for the discussion of scripts and storyboards. Post your hints, tips or requests here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Deano-Productions

Idea for a WWII Script

Post by Deano-Productions »

Hi everybody I was thinking of writing a script at the moment (a 3 part series) but because of the GCSE's and all that rubbish I can't but I would like to share my idea.

1)Its the year 1920. Two brothers are born in England. Over the year they become the best of friends.Then when they are 8 years old their father moves to Germany because he doesn't want anything to do with their mother anymore. 15 years pass and they get a package with tickets and postcards from Germany. It is their father asking them (not the mum) to come over for a few months. All goes well but then the mother writes a letter informing them a relative has died and she wants her sons back. One boy wants to go back but the other wants to stay. They go their seperate ways.

2)The brothers are now 18 years old. The brother in England is working on a farm and the brother in Germany is working for a Jewish couple in a shop. Their mother is doing things that women did in that era where as the father, he has been brainwashed by Hitler. He tells the Gestapo the people his son works for are Jews and they have their shop shut down and the son is made to join Hitlers army. Its then 1939. The war has started and both the brothers are in the forces for their country.

3)It is 1944. The boys are 25. D+5 the Britishman is fighting with his squad. They have to take out a mortar team. While the British are going through a forest they are shelled. Most of them die Except the brother and 2 squad members. They fight the mortar team and the 2 squad members die leaving the brother. There is one German mortar team member left. He is the other brother. Coincidence, isn't it. They then want to find their way home back in England.

You can steal this idea if you would like (thats if you don't think its cr**!)

So what do you think. Feed back please........:mssoldier:
ct_bullet
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Idea for a WWII Script

Post by ct_bullet »

i think its a really good idea, nice to see them re-unite. fairly impossible to do low budget though, to actually film it, i wonder if anyone wants to take up the challenge
movie fanatic

http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com/
ZombieKrieg2005

Post by ZombieKrieg2005 »

No too bad, I heard of a similar german idea that was set over the whole of this century. One proble, 1920+8years=1928+15years=1943, so they should have been born earlier or their dad spent less time in germany befor sending them the tickets. apart from that I like it.
http://lyssophobiaproductio.tripod.com/
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Mr.Anderson »

I think thats a great idea, nice to hear something original :) its refreshing. You could also go for the tragic effect of having him kill his brother. He throws a grenade into the mortar squad and it blows up killing them, then he realizes what hes done, holds his brother for the last breath. Or you could stick with the more positive note of what youve got, which in truth is probably more original since everyone wants a tearjerker ending now. But anyways, yeah, i think its a great idea, keep it up.
"People can misinterpret almost anything so that it coincides with views they already hold. They take from art what they already believe."

-- Stanley Kubrick
UnkindSky

Post by UnkindSky »

:sniper: I like it! It seems like it would be a great movie idea
Let god have mercy on my enemies... for i will not...
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Yes, very nice. What is your budget? It's gonna be hard to pull of the 1920's era unless you're on a farm or something.
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

I think this is a good idea. It must be executed perfectly though. It will require a firm script and a good acting crew. To offer my two cents though I must say this would work better as a feature film or an extended short film. The first part is where I think you would lose people. You would sell the movie to your audience as a war movie and they would be dismayed, finding out that the war movie doesn't come until the last ten minutes. This would definetly work better as, say, a sixty minute, or even two hour movie.
"They're people who only want to be involved in filmmaking to get rich, get famous, or get laid. They know as much about filmmaking as George W. Bush knows about hand-to-hand combat"- Jim Jarmusch
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

If you want to make it a tragedy, you can have 1 brother kill the other. Seems like a great idea.
You blithering, blathering, bloody, back-stabbing b*tch
JackBauerII

Post by JackBauerII »

I think it's a great idea. But why do the brothers separate if they are best friends. Work on their relationship, maybe add in an argument. Nice idea!
If it can be written, or thought, it can be filmed.

- Stanley Kubrick

www.monkeypie.net
Bodysnatcher
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Bodysnatcher »

I must be honest, I like the idea very much, and as the Movie Man says:
It must be executed perfectly though. It will require a firm script and a good acting crew.
I agree, a fresh idea that on the surfac eworks well, you should persue this idea yourself if you can, even if it is the script to give you something to work on then bring in more as and when you need it? take your time and make it better than good. (thats my tuppence worth lol)
http://www.freewebs.com/bodysnatcher-productions