Mr.Anderson's lil horror movie

This forum is for the discussion of scripts and storyboards. Post your hints, tips or requests here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Mr.Anderson's lil horror movie

Post by Mr.Anderson »

Let me start out by stating this is not my best work, and i know this is nowhere Near proper script format, but the story is there so just give it a chance and tell me what you think. Thanks for any and all replies.

Sleeping Awake

Fade in, Int.- [We see a door, its quiet, very still for a moment, then the door bursts open. A young man panting and exhausted bolts in and slams the door quickly behind him as if he is being pursued. He hurriedly locks it, and yanks the key out of the knob.]

[Breathing rapidly he backs away from the door, weary from adrenaline and sits back against a wall staring at the door he entered through. He sits for a moment, seeming to try and collect himself. He puts the key in his pocket, but notices something. He pulls out the key to inspect it. We see that its been broken off, the other half in the door knob, he is completely sealed in. Narration starts]

Narration
[As the narration rolls, we are still seeing the man look at the key]
As of then, I realized my situation was pretty much looking like...
[Now the man actually says]
Man
Sh*t.

Narraiton
I had a useless broken key [He puts the key back in his pocket] and a zippo lighter [He pulls out the lighter] a half full, zippo lighter.

[The man begins to look around at the small bleak room. All but completely barren with a water heater to the left side of the room, and a few low hanging pipes on the ceiling, this room was practically a cell. The walls made of concrete with two very small and covered windows.]

Narration
This dark, isolated room would be my prison, my own personal hell for three days. This room with its nothingness, and all of God knows what waiting for me outside, it seemed a hopeless situation. But who knows, I could possibly make it out of here. I sure hope they didnt follow me.

[The man gets up and walks around the room. A small beam of light from one of the tiny, cracked open windows illuminating the area just enough to see.]

Narration
I know it appears that I've never seen this place before, thats probably because I haven't. I was invited over to this house by a woman I met at a bar two days ago. Some date that turned out to be. Stuck in a room no bigger than my bathroom with creatures from hell nipping at my heals. Where did she disapear to, I hadn't thought of that. Like it matters now anyways.

[For the first time he notices a light hanging down in the middle of the room. He turns the switch. The light flickers on, then immediately dies out.]
Man
Great.

[The man sits down again, back against the wall, dissapointed he could find nothing of use.]

Narration
I had no idea how long I would be there, but I had a crushing feeling it would be a while. And now, the boredom sets in.

[We see the man fading into different positions, as if hours of time are passing. The beam of sunlight in window moves and changes as its going down]

Narration
Its strange, the things you think about while you're in a desperate situation. All I could think about at the time, was movies, especially the movie Signs. I thought of everything I knew about it.

Man
Signs. Made in 2003. Starring Mel Gibson and Joaquin Phoenix. Written and Directed by M. Night Shamaylan. [He pauses for a moment, to think of something else to say] Shamaylan has a cameo in the film[He is interuppted by a noise coming from upstairs]

[We see the man staring up at the ceiling, listening to the heavy noise, it sounds similar to footsteps. He remembers the lighter and reaches into his pocket to pull it out. He lights it and continues to gaze at the ceiling. The orange flickering light casts shadows of the pipes above, now breathing is heard. The man stands, zippo still lit, and gets closer to the ceiling. Something alive is up there. A persons scream startles him. Loud, rustling is upstairs, a fight. A person is screaming loudly, the man sits frightened against the wall staring at where the noise is emmanating. With a shaky hand he puts out the lighter and sets it down. He then sits for a moment trying to ignore the noise. He cant do it. He clasps his hands over his ears, we still hear the scream as loud and piercing as ever. We fade out still seeing the man with his ears covered and we still hear the scream. Fade to black.]

Fade in, Int. still the room- [Morning sunlight has beamed in, the room is better lit now. The man is still sitting against the wall staring at the ground.

Narration
I didnt sleep at all. Not after hearing all that. There is nothing in the world that can get you from thinking about stupid movies and bring you back to reality better than hearing a violent death five feet above you. And also the comforting fact that whatever did it could easily come down after you. I was beggining to get hungry. I hadnt eaten since yesterday afternoon. This is torture. Am I dead? Is this hell? I am claustrophobic, maybe this is my own customized hell. Well, what good will thinking like that do. If this is hell or not, I’m still stuck here. It wont change anything.[ Short pause] Bored. Bored, bored, bored. So bored. Boring, boredom. Lethargic, lazy, so many words and they all mean the same thing, bored.

[The man hops up, stands for a moment, then jumps back down and does several pushups. He stops and gets up.]

Man
Well, that was something at least.

[Something drips on his shoulder. He rubs the spot with his hand, it's blood. He looks up, something dead soaked through the floor above and is dripping through. There is suddenly movement above, moaning and footsteps they are walking away. The man follows them with his eyes, then he realizes]

Man
Its coming, to the stairs, its coming down here.

[He looks to the red puddle that consistent drops keep expanding]

Man
[Whispering to himself] Its the blood, those freaks smell the blood.

[Heavy, loud footsteps continue down the stairs. The man looks frantically for something to clean the blood. As he is doing so, the footsteps are still heard menacingly coming closer. He sees in the corner an old roll of paper towels. He grabs it, and quickly begins wiping up the blood]

Man
How convenient.

[He picks up the heavy, blood saturated towels and not sure what to do shoves them under the door. He backs up, breathing and foot steps are heard right outside the door, they stop. There is silence for a moment, nothing happens. We see the towel suddenly yanked the rest of the way out of the door. The footsteps are heard again, but going away. He sits down.]

Narration
That wasnt my last close encounter with one of the creatures. In fact, just later that night there were more noises.

[ We see the man wake up to stare at the ceiling, hearing rustling up above. We hear distant crying, maybe that of a small child. He focuses on it for a minute. His concentration is jerked away from that noise to hear scratching at the door. There was scratching at the bottom of the door as if something was trying to claw its way in. Finger tips suddenly poke underneath the door. The man continues to stare at them, they violently scratch at the door. He slams his heal down on them, shattering the fingers. A horribly loud screech emits from the creature on the other side of the door. The scream is answered by a dozen or more just like it from all different directions. The man looks about, realizing there is a horde of these monsters outside.]

Narration
The house was infested. Absolutely crawling with these demons. I was completely stuck there, just to survive. And in another day or so, just to survive I'd need to eat, need to drink. All of which can only be obtained by leaving the protection of this room. Irony sucks.

[Its now the next day.]

Narration
Sitting in that cramped room for two days with a water heater, that was still on, got hot. Unbearably hot. Which was also making me quite thirsty.

[The man is leaning against the wall, but with just an undershirt and pants. He is covered in sweat. We hear things walking by and breathing and hissing outside above the windows.]

Narration
By that time I had gotten used to hearing them. To used to it. I couldn’t even sleep. Well, I slept, but it wasn’t any real sleep. I always had to be aware of every noise around me, to make sure nothing is gonna come in and eat my face off. It tends to make you a light sleeper. It was like I was sleeping awake.

[One of the monsters scratches at the screen covering one of the windows. He looks up at it, doesn’t really care. He shuts the metal shudder.]

Narration
The zippo was starting to get low on fuel. Sometimes it would even go out.

[Its dark, and the man has the zippo on. It flickers out.]

Man
cr**. [He tries lighting it, it wont come on] Oh c'mon, c'mon just do it.

[The lighter finally comes on]

Man
Reliable my a$$.

[He is looking around for something.]

Narration
I had to find something I could use for a weapon, anything. Just an object hard and heavy enough to bash something's skull if need be.

[He looks around at the ceiling and pokes at it. We see him start to pull on something. Its a metal bar, its coming loose, but it isn't breaking. He gives up]

Man
I'll get it later.

[He sits back down.]

Narration
Exhaustion, hunger, and boredom were all starting to take their toll. Even to the point that it was messing with my head.

[We see the man sleeping against the wall, then suddenly his eyes open. He just sits for a moment, but then squints as he notices something. A corner of the room is completely shrouded in darkness, we cant see a thing. Except there is what seems to be a leg protruding from the blackness. As if someone is sitting, the rest of their body hidden. The man leans forward slightly to see better. Slowly a face emerges from the darkness. He wakes up. The man quickly looks to the corner, nothing is there.

Narration
All of my dreams, or well, nightmares were of me in the room. It was literally becoming hard to tell if I was sleeping or awake. It all looked the same.

[Morning. He is laying in the middle of the floor staring up at the ceiling. We see the ceiling. We see the man again still staring.]

Voice
Hello.

[The man sits up suddenly and startled looking around. He looks at the door, and tries to see under it, we hear small footsteps running away.]

Narration
There was nothing there. Either I was getting a little scared and my imagination was running wild, or I was losing my mind. Isolation can do either one. But it was ever clear, I would have to leave this room.

One hour later

[The man is sitting Indian style, hands holding up his chin. He is looking at the door.]

Narration
For an entire hour I had contemplated the consequences of leaving the room, the pros and cons. I needed food and water, there was no question about that. I didnt notice where the bathrooms and kitchen were in this house before I was forced to retreat to this room. So I wouldnt be able to get either one very quickly, I would have to do a little searching. Although if I left, I would be completely vulnerable outside, and my little fortress would be useless. Since I broke the key off in the doorknob, there was no way to lock it back after leaving. I would have to break off the doorknob, making it impossible seal the room again. That would be it, after that I would be safe nowhere.

[The man says nothing for a moment]

Man
I gotta leave.

[He gets up, puts his shirt on, and goes over to where the bar is. He reaches up and grabs hold of it.]

Man
I’m gonna need you.

[ After a moment of strenuous pulling, it comes off. He stumbles back. Then reaches down and picks up the zippo and puts it in his pocket. He walks over to the door. He raises the bar above his head with both hands, but hesitates.]

Narration
This was it.

[He swings the bar, and bangs the doorknob off, sending it to the floor.]

[We see the door from the outside. It opens. The man steps out, brandishing the bar. He cautiously looks around. He peeks into a room right next to his, theres nothing. He sees stairs leading up. He walks past a couch and looks up the stairs. We dont see or hear anything. He goes up. As he slowly ascends the stairs we begin to some kind of odd noise. He pokes his face around the corner. The man is horrified to see a person hunched over a twitching body with the sound of flesh being eaten. The cannibal has its back facing him. The man, in shock, drops the bar and it bounces back down the staircase loudly. The creature sits up, alerted by the noise. The man starts to back off, back down the stairs. Then suddenly he sees the hands of a zombie crawling towards him from another room. He runs back down the stairs as fast as he can. He picks up the bar, then trips and falls. Eyes level with the floor, he can see under the bed in the room right next to his room. A hand comes out as something crawls out from underneath. He gets up and runs to different door, one leading outside. We see the stairs again, this time fingers come over the top stair, some thing is crawling down. The man reaches out for the door knob on the door leading outside. But, something else is twisting it, something else is opening from the outside. In a panic, he runs back to the old room he was taking shelter in. We see the other door start to open, and the man shuts his door. Realizing he can’t lock it, he braces his bar against the door. He backs off and sits down against the wall lighting the zippo. He looks at the door, waiting. Nothing. Then a zombie starts banging on the door. Another one comes. Then another. They all scratch and bang at the door. We see the bar shift a little. The man sits with the lit zippo staring at the door.]

Narration
So there I was. In about four minutes the horde of zombies would break through the door and tear me apart. And I had about two minutes of lighter fluid left. Hell, why prolong the inevitable.

[He blows out the lighter]

THE END
"People can misinterpret almost anything so that it coincides with views they already hold. They take from art what they already believe."

-- Stanley Kubrick