Over the top movie idea

This forum is for the discussion of scripts and storyboards. Post your hints, tips or requests here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Over the top movie idea

Post by crossfire »

Im sure there are things that peopel have seen used so many times in movies and happend in life, and we form stereotypes based on them. Well I am startin to write a script today (actually i started yesterday) that basically has all the cliches/stereotypes (but exagerated) so its basically an over-the-top cliched action movie (but in a good way). Currently some of the stereotypes that i have are: hero is a cowboy and rides a motorcycle and uses a 44 magnum, the villains sidekick has an eyepatch, robot hand, and a hook, the villain falls to his/her death, a good guy betrays the hero because he feels he is being treated unfairly, some sort of damsel in distress, the villain leaves the hero in a supposedly inevitable death situation and just walks away, but the hero escapes, all of the characters are exagerated liek mad (such as a hacker who hasnt seen the sun for 8 years straight because he was in his basement hacking the whole time, the villain wears only red and black, there is a martial arts master, the names of all of the characters are either exagerated or sound evil/good depending on wether the character is good or bad), and the action is overkill (but not quite Matrix style with impossible moves).

is there any cliches/stereotypes/ideas that i have missed and not mentioned above^?

Thanks for any responses ahead of time.
You blithering, blathering, bloody, back-stabbing b*tch
XhuntedoverlordX

RE: Over the top movie idea

Post by XhuntedoverlordX »

The evil killer who is always five steps behind you even though you're running and he's walking slowly (Jason).
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

ya good idea, lol hes walkin at 30 mph???
bretoncrackers

Post by bretoncrackers »

when the killer leaves the hero in the "inescapable" situation, make a longgass speech about "Im going to do this this and this, but YOU wont be around to see it, hahahaha", just make it ridiculous.
SpyroClone

Post by SpyroClone »

have the bad guy come up with some really elaborate way in which the hero is going to die, but it will have a really obvious way out. And then once the hero gets out he goes to kill the bad guy, but he gets away.
also
Try some really ludicrous MacGyver stuff like making bombs out of salt or something.
"If you don't know what you're doing you can still make it look good."
~Peter Jackson
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

Austin Powers.
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Mr.Anderson »

There has to be an angry, loud, police chief. Hes all mad at the main character because hes a "renegade" "shoot first, ask questions later" cop. And even if your character isnt a cop, there should be a cigar smoking police chief yelling at him all the time for no reason.
Oh and the main characters family should have died years ago in some ridiculous accident that tortures him. Something really dumb, a fishing trip gone horribly wrong. A petting zoo visit gone horribly wrong. Something like that.
"People can misinterpret almost anything so that it coincides with views they already hold. They take from art what they already believe."

-- Stanley Kubrick
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

maybe fishing trip but i dont think ill make it a petting zoo trip gone wrong, i am not trying to make it comical by the way (there will of course be soem characters for comical relief but its an action movie) the whole point is its supposed to incorporate things that are so obviously been done millions of times before and put them all together in an enjoyable movie (if i ever plan on making it) and keeping it serious lol
Jasonrocks

Post by Jasonrocks »

well have all the english characters with cockney accents or polished london accents. ''Coo-ee! Oh golly good. Most spiffy of you to drop by, fancy a spot of tea. Oh yes long live great britannia and stuffs to you mr villian.''

If your villian is a russian, make his accent over the top and also a die hard communist.

If you have a sidekick make him young and very over the top like say: ''Gallaping grasshopper!'' or ''holy heart failure!''

Also at the end, where the villain is ready to kill the hero, he goes into a long speech, that is really just stalling and giving the hero time to escape.
Visits? That would indicate visitors!
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

I was gunna make a movie like this a while back. Also think about when people get up to their door when being chased and they don't have the right key in their hands for the door. Why wouldn't you!?
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

almost no-body will be from a distinguishable place (the city in which this takes place is called Generic city) and it is full of corruption, the mayor (aka the badguy) owns all of the mafias. The cops are the badguys and the gans are the so called law enforcers. Alot of people in this city are rich and alot are poor theres no medium (only da homless and da extravagant. All of the characters are superfluous, we have a guy from texas with a 44 magnum, 10 gallon white hat and rides a motorcycle called the mustang (he is the good guy). we have a pimp who wears all purple and no other colors at all! we have a secondary villain that has an eyepatch, robotic hand, a hook on his otehr arm, and a giant scar over his face. We have a russian hacker, a super martial arts master who joins the fight because he senses the balance between good and bad is falling out of control. The main plot is the mayor trying to kill all people who oppose him and get elected governor of the entire state, as to extend his evil. The name of it is Praetorian City (a praetorian was a roman officer but also means corruptable, and corrupt. ill have more as i get new ideas.
wildabeast009

Post by wildabeast009 »

Have explosions going off all the time for no paticular reason. Also, always make your characters doing things the hardest way possible. Like shooting off the blue wire on a bomb instead of cutting it. They story sounds pretty over-the-top so far. Good luck.
You know what's a fun game? Take 3 Excedrin PM's and see if you can whack off before you fall asleep. You always win, that's the best part about the game. -Cal, [i]The 40 Year Old Virgin[/i]
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

thx ya it is, and as for the actions they too will be over the top, for example the gunfights would be completely exagerated and there is this one scene where there is a corner and tjis person takes out the clip from his gun and throws it to the corner then shoots the clip with the one remaining bullet and this ignites the other bullets in the clip and they fly out and kill the person around the corner, etc. (its not all guns and violence BTW)
Jasonrocks

Post by Jasonrocks »

Minorities such as Native Americans or Asians will always have some sort of mystical knowledge or inate fighting skill. For example, the Native American always knows the course of events to come from some sign in nature, and Asians are all born with Martial Arts skills they can use to battle the bad guys.

More murders always happen during the investigation of the first one. The last living suspect is the murderer.

Any lock can be picked with a credit card or a paper clip. Any safe can be opened in a few minutes with a stethoscope or some high-tech equipment with lots of blinking lights.

Eight to ten-year-old kids are the best computer hackers on earth and can break into any system.

Girls who can't find a date to the prom in high school films are usually the girls that, in most high schools, would have almost every teenage boy asking them.

A character turns on the radio just in time to hear a special announcement or some important news item. Then turns the radio off.
example:
CLICK (on.)
"Three escaped lunatics have been spotted in . blah blah blah."
CLICK (off.)

If hero OR villian takes an elevator, villain OR hero can beat it by taking stairs, even if the trip is 20 floors.

When a villian is trying to murder someone with a knife, they'll often use just one hand. The victim meanwhile (usually a woman) is using both hands to restrain the villian's arm and keep the knife from stabbing her. But the murderer will NEVER simply use his other hand to take the knife and easily stab the victim.

The hero will always have a small trickle of blood in the right corner of his mouth after a fight. His lip will never be split in the middle, and his upper lip will always be invulnerable. He will wipe the blood from the corner of his mouth with the back of his hand, then look at it. If his face displays any other injury, it will usually be a small abrasion on his right cheekbone. He will wear a band-aid on this for one day, after which it will be miraculously healed.

A hero will show no pain even during the most terrific beating, yet he will wince if a women attempts to clean a facial wound.

When a hero is paired with a weak sidekick, that sidekick will invariably save the hero's life at a crucial moment, or show remarkable proficiency with weapons in a key scene.

There has to be a scene involving giving chocolate to children or nylons/cigarettes to women in a WW II movie. The soldiers never try to take advantage of the situation by asking for sexual favors in return.
Jasonrocks

Post by Jasonrocks »

Minorities such as Native Americans or Asians will always have some sort of mystical knowledge or inate fighting skill. For example, the Native American always knows the course of events to come from some sign in nature, and Asians are all born with Martial Arts skills they can use to battle the bad guys.

More murders always happen during the investigation of the first one. The last living suspect is the murderer.

Any lock can be picked with a credit card or a paper clip. Any safe can be opened in a few minutes with a stethoscope or some high-tech equipment with lots of blinking lights.

Eight to ten-year-old kids are the best computer hackers on earth and can break into any system.

Girls who can't find a date to the prom in high school films are usually the girls that, in most high schools, would have almost every teenage boy asking them.

A character turns on the radio just in time to hear a special announcement or some important news item. Then turns the radio off.
example:
CLICK (on.)
"Three escaped lunatics have been spotted in . blah blah blah."
CLICK (off.)

If hero OR villian takes an elevator, villain OR hero can beat it by taking stairs, even if the trip is 20 floors.

When a villian is trying to murder someone with a knife, they'll often use just one hand. The victim meanwhile (usually a woman) is using both hands to restrain the villian's arm and keep the knife from stabbing her. But the murderer will NEVER simply use his other hand to take the knife and easily stab the victim.

The hero will always have a small trickle of blood in the right corner of his mouth after a fight. His lip will never be split in the middle, and his upper lip will always be invulnerable. He will wipe the blood from the corner of his mouth with the back of his hand, then look at it. If his face displays any other injury, it will usually be a small abrasion on his right cheekbone. He will wear a band-aid on this for one day, after which it will be miraculously healed.

A hero will show no pain even during the most terrific beating, yet he will wince if a women attempts to clean a facial wound.

When a hero is paired with a weak sidekick, that sidekick will invariably save the hero's life at a crucial moment, or show remarkable proficiency with weapons in a key scene.

There has to be a scene involving giving chocolate to children or nylons/cigarettes to women in a WW II movie. The soldiers never try to take advantage of the situation by asking for sexual favors in return.
Jasonrocks

Post by Jasonrocks »

A cigarette case/lighter in the shirt pocket will always block the bullet.

The hero always pulls the grenade out with his teeth.

In any type of sport movie, a player on the field can look up into a crowd of 1 billion and immediately spot their loved one.

In situations like the Vietnem war, and violent inner city neighborhoods, the person with the most plans, prospects, and hopes will die.

Whenever anyone knocks out anyone else and takes their clothes, it's always a flawless fit.
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

no not a lighter lol a bible will block it, and the hackers going to be a russian punk. And yes there will be a chinese martial arts master, theres no such thing as a movie without one lol. And i probably will include most of these as some minor ideas but they are good thx.
Bodysnatcher
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Bodysnatcher »

I haven't seen my personal favourite yet so I shall add it.

During prior mentioned comments about good guy in an impossible situation while bad guy tells him how he is goin gto be killed, what about when the bad guy ALWAYS tells the good guy exactly how he intends to blow up the bank/station/world etc etc?
q1tv3

Post by q1tv3 »

Dont know if its been posted yet:

Hero tied to a table as an extreamely slow lazer is about to rip them in half. hero flips a coin and the lazer spreads out to cut the ropes but strangely not his wrists/ankels beneath ropes.

"Bond, James Bond" with the characters name

here is a funny idea for near the end

The villan tells plan. Villan types world destuction code into comp and closes it in a locked cabinet. The hero is tied up to (while standing) left to is inevitable doom, a large saw . Villan walks away. Saw cuts ropes. Hero opens computer cabinet with out the need to unlock it. Hero walks out open door to kill villan and save girl.

oh yea and,
"Dude where's my car? Where's your car dude?"

"What does my tatoo say? Dude! What does mine say? Sweet! What does mine say? Dude! What does mine say? Sweet! What does mine say? Dude! What does mine say? Sweet! What does mine say? Dude! What does mine say? Sweet! What does mine say? Dude! What does mine say? SWEET!!!!" [/quote]
John Groshko
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by John Groshko »

Things I have learned from watching movies
...All telephone numbers in America begin with the digits 555.
...If being chased through town, you can usually take cover in a passing St. Patrick's Day parade - at any time of the year.
...All beds have special L-shaped cover sheets which reach up to the
armpit level on a woman but only to waist level on the man lying beside her.
...All grocery shopping bags contain at least one stick of French Bread.
...It's easy for anyone to land a plane providing there is someone in
the control tower to talk you down.
...Once applied, lipstick will never rub off - even while scuba diving.
...The ventilation system of any building is the perfect hiding place.
No one will ever think of looking for you in there and you can travel to any other part of the building you want without difficulty.
...If you need to reload your gun, you will always have more ammunition - even if you haven't been carrying any before now.
...You're very likely to survive any battle in any war unless you make
the mistake of showing someone a picture of your sweetheart back home.
...Should you wish to pass yourself off as a German officer, it will not be necessary to speak the language. A German accent will do.
...The Eiffel Tower can be seen from any window in Paris.
...A man will show no pain while taking the most ferocious beating but
will wince when a woman tries to clean his wounds.
...When paying for a taxi, don't look at your wallet as you take out a
bill -just grab one at random and hand it over. It will always be the
exact fare.
...Kitchens don't have light switches. When entering a kitchen at night, you should open the fridge door and use that light instead.
...Mothers routinely cook eggs, bacon and waffles for their family every morning even though their husband and children never have time to eat it.
...Cars that crash will almost always burst into flames.
...The Chief of Police will always suspend his star detective - or give him 48 hours to finish the job.
...A single match will be sufficient to light up a room the size of RFK Stadium.
...Medieval peasants had perfect teeth.
...Any person waking from a nightmare will sit bolt upright and pant.
...It is not necessary to say hello or good-bye when beginning or ending phone conversations.
...Even when driving down a perfectly straight road it is necessary to
turn the steering wheel vigorously from left to right every few moments.
...All bombs are fitted with electronic timing devices with large red
readouts so you know exactly when they're going to go off.
...It is always possible to park directly outside the building you are
visiting.
...A detective can only solve a case once he has been suspended from
duty.
...It does not matter if you are heavily outnumbered in a fight
involving martial arts - your enemies will wait patiently to attack you one by one by dancing around in a threatening manner until you have knocked out their predecessors.
...When a person is knocked unconscious by a blow to the head, they will never suffer a concussion or brain damage.
...No one involved in a car chase, hijacking, explosion, volcanic
eruption or alien invasion will ever go into shock.
...Police departments give their officers personality tests to make sure they are deliberately assigned a partner who is their total opposite.
...When they are alone, all foreigners prefer to speak English to each
other.
...Any lock can be picked by a credit card or a paper clip in seconds - unless it's the door to a burning building with a child trapped inside.
...Television news bulletins usually contain a story that affects you
personally at that precise moment.
...Any elevator will automatically go to your floor without pressing any buttons and take as long as you conversation to reach the right floor.
...One product will magically appear at the top of the bag with the
label in clear view.
...A building/car on fire will only explode when the star is out.
...There will always be a doctor in a plane or building with the right
medical supplies.
...70% of all black men are Denzel Washington. The other 30% are Morgan Freeman
My films;

http://video.google.ca/videosearch?q=groshko
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

Sorry I have not been to the site in like 4-5 months, I almost forgot about it. Thanks for all your ideas. Another thing I have noticed in movies is that a person can be shot like 30 times with an automatic anywhere and will survive but when shot with a pistol after an epic speech the victim will die in 1 shot.
tambourineman

Post by tambourineman »

...at one of the most suspensful parts of the movie it is always a cat or bat making the creaking noises
... when something has gone wrong between the hero and the girl the hero always slowly packs up and walks away before being stopped by the girl then they kiss
...the vilain should have a top hat and a moustache and should tie the heros up on a railroad track with heaps of rope
im fluent in dizzle