Does anyone have the guts to tackle this?

This forum is for the discussion of scripts and storyboards. Post your hints, tips or requests here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

hubris32

Does anyone have the guts to tackle this?

Post by hubris32 »

I thought of this idea about a year or so after the 9-11 stuff went down.

Consider some radical, fundamentalist, christian organization that decides to act on all of the radical fundamentalist muslim activity happening over the last thirty to forty years and sends one of their nut jobs to fire off a nuke in the middle of Mecca. It's up to the Saudi, American, British, Russian etc. federal agencies to find this group and stop it before they set off more.

Anyone? Anyone?

Anyone who is offended, just remember...IT'S ONLY A MOVIE.
"How I learned to stop worrying and LOVE THE BOMB."
NPMAX

RE: Does anyone have the guts to tackle this?

Post by NPMAX »

I don't see the Saudis really cooperating remember, they finance suicide bombers, now the US, Russians and Brits, would most likely only stop it for financial gain or oil. Besides how are bible beaters going to get ahold of a nuke? I could see a dirty bomb type plot, but not in Mecca as no one that isn't muslim is allowed there.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

I like it because it's something I never really thought of, I loved to see something different.

But they could get a bomb from like a Middle Eastern country that has them (someplace that is a majority Muslim), talk about ironic.
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

First of all there are plenty of Christian extremists (who arent really Christian but they call themselves devout Christians) and they can get theire hands on nukes. Second of all i love the idea that maj_barnes came up with, ot make it a bomb from their own country, i love irony in a movie. And for some of us its not quite a mater of guts rather than resources, i would make almost any movie as long as i had the d*mn money, actors, Computers, etc.
You blithering, blathering, bloody, back-stabbing b*tch
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: RE: Does anyone have the guts to tackle this?

Post by maj_barnes »

crossfire wrote: i love irony in a movie.
It's one of the best things to have in a movie!
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Re: RE: Does anyone have the guts to tackle this?

Post by crossfire »

definetly
You blithering, blathering, bloody, back-stabbing b*tch
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

If you check my Terrorism Satire, i did a take with that with scottish terrorists (christian) fighting muslims in the UK, (Its in members films)

In any case, i dont think its a case of guts as much in europe, where the idea of domestic terrorism and religious irony isnt anything we tend to run from creatively in terms of film making. A MUST SEE film in this regard is the French movie, Battle of Algiers, miss it on ur peril.

Anyway Hubris, shock value i think christos attacking mecca, would be limited, liberal whiner propoganda is how americans would judge it, and europeans would see it as flammatory (and no doubt if its an action movie, big brass and cheesy anyway.)

Even mainstream films have dealt with christian terrorism, domestic, such as for example, in Contact, (Jodie Foster) where the crazy christo blonde blows up the multibillion er space installation.
Sebas

Post by Sebas »

mm Sounds like a film i've seen, Its called the Siege with denzel washington but without the Middle-east Part
Kaas
buck_suck

Post by buck_suck »

Ah yeah I've watched that before. That, however, appears more like a political vision whereby because of a terrorist attack the government clamps down on people's rights, liberties, and freedoms for the sake of fighting terrorism. The marine General, Bruce Willis, essentially doesnt give a damn about people; even killing fellow FBI Agents. I like the idea but can it sustain n entire movie? Its an intriguing twist in a way...But after thats revealed, how would you play it out?
[url=http://www.video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3477108537208786893][img]http://static.zooomr.com/images/334268_b06a4b1a6b.jpg[/img][/url]
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

I'm guessing everyone here has already forgotten about the IRA and the terror campaigns carried out by them in the past?
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

I'm guessing the IRA have been using atom bombs in their terror campaigns too.