New thriller idea

This forum is for the discussion of scripts and storyboards. Post your hints, tips or requests here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

New thriller idea

Post by crossfire »

I just came up with an idea for a movie, out of nowhere yesterday. it would be a psycological thriller about an above average guy who is a really good guy and everyone loves him but he has one small problem (i dont know exactly what this will be, something like an addiction even smoking or something) and he goes to a psychiatrist to help him solve this problem but the shrink is a disturbed and evil guy who appears really nice and he manipulates this guy we'll call him john for now, and john thinks hes becoming a betetr person because of the things the shrink says, but in reailty hes becoming evil, arrogant, selfish and is basically being destroyed by this shrink whos manipulating him. How original is it, and would it work, is it a good idea? :devilfire:
You blithering, blathering, bloody, back-stabbing b*tch
Clarence
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: New thriller idea

Post by Clarence »

Very original, never heard of anything like it. This sounds very good for something that you just came up with!
moviemaster

Post by moviemaster »

Have you thought of an ending for it yet? It sounds like a promising idea though!
Beyond Reality
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Mr.Anderson »

There is a good movie/novella called "Apt Pupil" by Stephen King that is similar to your idea. I like it though, you could definitely make it very creepy. Maybe the shrink could even convince him that his friends are out to get him, make him paranoid. Even turn him into a serial killer.

Oooh, i just thought of an idea. The shrink could manipulate him into killing his friends over a span of several years and he convinces "John" that he is somebody he can trust and is a true friend. Then John is caught and arrested, at the trial when they call the psychiatrist is called to testify he totally turns against John, saying hes a psycopath with no hope of rehabilitation. John goes to a insane asyslum the rest of his life screaming that it was his psychiatrists fault, that hes not crazy, but no one believes him because the psychiatrist has classified him as paranoid. And it ends with a new patient coming in to the shrink complaining about some friends or something and the shrink says, "You think they're really your friends?" THE END

I dunno, maybe my idea sucks, but yours is truly good and you could definitely build some cool and original plot twists off of it. I like it.
"People can misinterpret almost anything so that it coincides with views they already hold. They take from art what they already believe."

-- Stanley Kubrick
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

actually, THATS A WICKED IDEA, cuz every time i watch TV and see a movie, it always p*** me of that some bad guys try so hard and always fail so makin the psychiatrist win will make for an excellent ending, and the thing with the new patient although has been done in so many movies still works very well in this movie/idea. very good job!
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Mr.Anderson »

thanks, hope you can use it. :)
"People can misinterpret almost anything so that it coincides with views they already hold. They take from art what they already believe."

-- Stanley Kubrick
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

ya ill definetly try, maybe if i get a script goin ill post it. THX
buck_suck

Post by buck_suck »

Yeah i look forward to it!
[url=http://www.video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3477108537208786893][img]http://static.zooomr.com/images/334268_b06a4b1a6b.jpg[/img][/url]
Siratramus

frailty

Post by Siratramus »

I hate intergecting like this.

I have been a member for some years, but something always happens that stops me from acssessing the net, so i have next to no postings.

If you are after a ending with something different, whatch frailty. it has an ending that might get the "alternative ending" going.

Also Primal fear might be a good one, but is a bit more "ha ha i screwed you" type of thing.
There is nothing more tragic than seeing your family torn apart by something a simple as a pack of wolves.