Suspense/ Thriller help

This forum is for the discussion of scripts and storyboards. Post your hints, tips or requests here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

filmhobbe6

Suspense/ Thriller help

Post by filmhobbe6 »

I was wondering if anyone has a good idea on a suspense script? I want it kind of like The Fugitive- it kept me on the edge of my seat and thinking hard throughtout the movie. Maybe the setting of the present time- possibly political, or another conflict. Thanks!
Last edited by filmhobbe6 on Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
filmhobbe6

Post by filmhobbe6 »

Anyone? Please? Am I the only one here? Hello?
Angel

Post by Angel »

I had an idea about a 'who dunnit' murder type stpry but i dont think its what you are after. Plus i havent actually written a full lenth script for it yet.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

Try going through some m night shyamalan movies. or if you want a political thriller try a john grisham book, some of those sources may give you great ideas.
@seanbagley
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

Why does everyone ask for ideas. Ideas are all around you. Why don't you go look in a newspaper of go to a library go look at book, something, get original you guys come on!
"They're people who only want to be involved in filmmaking to get rich, get famous, or get laid. They know as much about filmmaking as George W. Bush knows about hand-to-hand combat"- Jim Jarmusch
filmhobbe6

Post by filmhobbe6 »

Thnx for the help! By the way, has anyone seen 'The Fugitive?'
hmbtnguy

Post by hmbtnguy »

I have and might I add it was an excellent movie
OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by OutcastJiob »

Yes, I've seen it, excellent film.

Now do what Themovieman said. Coming up with your own ideas is far more rewarding than adapting someone else's idea just enough so they can't sue you for copyright infringement!
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
buck_suck

Post by buck_suck »

Yes that its true. But in this day and age where the media and publication sector has been around for so long, virtually everything that can be done HAS been done by Hollywood. Indie films only retain originality in terms of abstract/experimental short films which, unless you sense its deeper meaning (if any), make no sense whatsoever.
[url=http://www.video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3477108537208786893][img]http://static.zooomr.com/images/334268_b06a4b1a6b.jpg[/img][/url]
SpyroClone

Post by SpyroClone »

Well the fugitive was good, it was great...but for your movie, i think you should either come up with an idea of your own, or you could adapt a book, that would be a good way to start out, but i personally would start with a work of my own. They are typically cheaper and a good basis for your work...But its all up to you.
"If you don't know what you're doing you can still make it look good."
~Peter Jackson