Zelda Movie, who wants to help?

This forum is for the discussion of scripts and storyboards. Post your hints, tips or requests here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Zelda Movie, who wants to help?

Post by Gyro »

My sister and I sat around the other day wondering what we should do. We began to brainstorm some ideas about what movie we should make this summer. My sister suggested a midevil film, I thought this was a good idea but I'd like to add some fantasy into it, not entirely Robin Hood like. So we came up with Zelda! Its a quality story and such so we just want to adapt from there. We want to keep it along the lines of the older link in ocarina of time, none of this young link windwaker junk. So with that in mind if anybody has some great ideas for an excellent story line and or advice on making this type of film, help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Last edited by Gyro on Mon May 10, 2004 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@seanbagley
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

Change the spelling on "midevil" to medieval (my sister got mad at me)
@seanbagley
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

You shouldn't have posted this twice.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

Sorry about that, just umm... cancel the post, if that is possible
@seanbagley
ApocalypsePics

Post by ApocalypsePics »

Dude.....how old are you? Come up with your own ideas!
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

Dude, nice first post! Plus one of the greatest trilogies of all time wasnt Peter Jackson's own idea!
@seanbagley
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Um yeah, seeing as how people come up with their own subjects for adaptations :roll: . Besides, how could you pull off something like Zelda without it looking like cr**? Unless you have a few million dollars lying around for the required CG effects...
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

You know what, I posted a reply to this thread a few days ago, and it's not showing, that's been happening a lot recently! Anyway, I'll try post what I said again:

If you're making a Nintendo-based film, are you going to have it looking like a game, or use the story-line to make a regular movie? I think a game-style version would be interesting. Anyone remember what they did to Super Mario Brothers? Wasn't faithful enough to the game for my liking.
Moderating behind the bushes!
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

I do have a basic outline of the story right now- and yes it is going to be life action, its got the same characters from zelda and the ocarina of time (same MAIN characters) but the story is a bit of a spin off. and also- whats up with people and no confidence here, i thought the whole point of amatuer film making was to try and make it look like the best not realize the you suck and might as well not try, well id rather try my hardest.
@seanbagley
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Nobody ever said you couldn't do it or that you suck. I just want to know how you're going to pull off a Zelda movie without special effects. Because, well, let's be realistic. A Zelda movie with a budget of less than a hundred dollars is going to look a little rediculous.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

Well I do have 3dstudio max and they used that for black hawk down, im not saying im that good, but have some confidence man!
@seanbagley
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

You can make some pretty amazing stuff with 3ds max. I say give it a go! Ridiculous or not, at least you can say that you tried. :wink:
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

See, Epsilon knows whats going on!
@seanbagley
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

I tell this to everybody: You are not Superman. Black Hawk Down is a completely different story; apples and oranges man. They had a four man team of experts proficient at this stuff (not to mention programs that they created) testing out different composites and crashing different model Blackhawks; believe me, it wasn't as simple as making a 3D model and sticking it in there, not to mention the weeks they spent on the brownout created by the choppers. You've got to realize that this is complicated s***, and unless you know everything that you need to know about what you're handling, the results aren't going to be pretty.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

well im gonna try... so step off homies! jk.
@seanbagley
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Alright, best of wishes for your endeavor. Just don't say I didn't warn you... If you need any help, head on down to the special effects section. Most of the people here know what they're doing (even though most of them including me only know mindless gun action), plus a few people here know their way around 3DS Max pretty well.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

SgtPadrino, you're gonna scare off the poor guy! Black Hawk Down doesn't take a complete mastermind to create. The concepts are fairly easy. Except they are paying a handful of professionals to make whatever they want.

They didn't spend weeks only on a few brownout effects... Don't believe what you read and hear about these effects guys. It is Not a grueling confusion of tedious tasks while surpassing anything anyone has done before. (Or as how Readers Digest makes it sound) Seriously, they go in and have fun! That is why they are there.
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

No, it really did take several weeks to create those brownout effects. It's covered in one of the sections of the two and a half hour long behind the scenes feature on the Special Edition DVD. Along with all of the seperate elements they covered in the crashing of the blackhawk - first they built a huge scale model of a blackhawk helicopter and crashed it on set. The special effects guys removed the helicopter and wires in post, but they still used the destruction caused by the crash. They then filmed their own model blackhawk crashing into a sandpit and added individual elements from that section. They then created an incredibly photo realistic blackhawk for some of the shots of when it's just about to hit the ground, then spliced in sections of the segments they filmed with the model blackhawks crashing (with CG rotor blades placed on them) and then added more dust and brownout effects. That was on an about 2 and a half minute scene. That isn't counting the multitude of other CG helicopters, bullet impacts and other effects they added in.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

... well, we'll see who sucks or not... later.
@seanbagley
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

We are talking about a fanicy movie not black Hawk down. His effects don't have to look photo real, he is not making much of his software from scrach, and I'm sure he isn't replicating bullet impacts everwhere, even though how they did that for black hawk was really cool. If the effects look kind of cheesy and run of the mill they will still work.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

yea... foxwood knows my invision here.
@seanbagley
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

So... I'm up to about fifteen pages of the script now- it's coming along real well I do say.
@seanbagley
Famous
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Famous »

Not me
Tropical Films/Short Film Industries.
Director, Editor, Producer, Camera, Actor, Script Writer.
Since 2003.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

thank you famous.
@seanbagley
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

wow this threads still up? Hows the movie comming btw? get any filming done?
Sigs suck a**.