Word

This forum is for the discussion of scripts and storyboards. Post your hints, tips or requests here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

ALove
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Word

Post by ALove »

ive got an idea in how to turn Word into a good scriptwriting software. you have to have a later version of word fpr this to work. one with autocorrect. what you do is you go to the autocorrect and enter the following:

int becomes INT.
int. becomes INT.
ext becomes EXT.
ext. becomes EXT.
cut to becomes CUT TO:
cut to: becomes CUT TO:

and so on... add anything that you think you'd need to make scriptwriting software

for diolauge press tab 2x
then press enter and then tab again.

its not perfect but it is pretty good for anyone interested in spending a lot of money on scriptwriting software.
[img]http://acemedia.sandfalls.com/banner.jpg[/img]
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Naw... I just type it out as I write. Once you continually write it out many times over the course of a script, it practically becomes natural. Personally, I like my Word better than those other softwares for script writing. I can add pictures, symbols, and other junk as I wish. :D
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

I'll take final draft anyday, simple because it rememebrs all of my charater names and locations, so that I never have to type them again, and I won't change the spelling halfway through.
Lee

Post by Lee »

Oh, I'd love that program, how much does it cost (GBP)?
'Sod the candles, I'm in love.'
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

about $250. But I'm sure you could find an older version cheeper on ebay or somthing and with a student discount its $199. I have version five, and like it better then the new Six.
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

but really, $250 for a program that remembers some stuff, or the strenuous typing of character names on a program you get for free:P
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving. You only need a parachute to go skydiving twice.
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

lol, before we start shooting we put down the basic layout of the conversation, push record and just start talking. It actually works pretty well with us because me and my cousin play off each other really well.

PS Is it just me, or is 2nd_recon's avatar TOO GODDAMN BIG?
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

I've already gotten complaints, I'll have it down to size by this time tomorow, latest
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving. You only need a parachute to go skydiving twice.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

It doesn't just remember things, it also will format them perfictly to industry standreds, I wouldn't recomend it unless your uber sereues about script writing.
firewood

Post by firewood »

Epsilon

what school do you got to or have gone to that sybol on the helmet looks familar.
well i have used final draft its ok for me but i like my self to do the work that way i enjoy that it all was put there by my hands and not the computers. but hey some others do it there other ways. just adding my 2 cents
The weather forcast calls for destruction tonight death tommarow and armageddon by the weekend this could be the end of life as we know it.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Well good for you, I just am not a fan of writing the same name fifty times in one sitting and having to rememebr to make sure its in CAPs.
Raptor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Raptor »

Movie Magic Screenwriter 2000 does a lot more than just fill in the names, and smart guess what the next element will be it also does script analysis, scene analysis and will even read the script back to you. Also allows you to hilite dialoge for just one character. Lots of little goodies you don't really need but that are nice to have...
The UNDERGROUND
[url]http://theundergroundtv.com[/url]
Music television for unsigned bands
Flim Flam

Post by Flim Flam »

R U talking about microsoft word here? would word perfect do?
Whatever!
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Microsoft word I would guess, and Raptor, final Draft will do all the things that you just mentioned, and another cool thing is that it will break your script down into little sceane cards, so that you can reagrage the entire script with no copy and past, I haven't used it but it sounds cool.
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Just use Frontpage for scripts like me!
Moderating behind the bushes!
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

That sounds more complex than it is worth.
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Nah, it's actually very easy.

You start off with a contents list (Like at the beginning of a book), and you then click onto the individual chapters, which open up as new pages. To edit it all is really easy, it's just like using a word processor.

You can then hyperlink names, locations, camera-viewpoints, props, and stuff like that to pages that contain their descriptions. When I finally get all my script writing finished next year, I'll up-load it all, and y'all can see how it looks.
Moderating behind the bushes!
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

sounds interesting, but I think I'll stick with final draft.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Originally posted by firewood
Epsilon

what school do you got to or have gone to that sybol on the helmet looks familar.

The symbol on both helmets is that of the 1st Cavalry division, US Army. The 1st Cav division is most known for their actions during the vietnam war and the gulf war. However it was established around the civil war era when they actually used horses in the cavalry. Hence there is a symbol of a horse on it. The top helmet is a construction hard hat, the bottom is a steel pot.