Heres a zombie film script i was working on

This forum is for the discussion of scripts and storyboards. Post your hints, tips or requests here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

videofxuniverse

Heres a zombie film script i was working on

Post by videofxuniverse »

something i put together, its not completed and only a draft, so a lot may be changed and edited. Please excuse any cheesy stuff, more than likely gonna be cleaned up soon

Rise of the Walking Dead

We see a cargo airliner, possibly a 737 flying through the clouds, there are no passenger windows, we see the back of it heading towards some thunder clouds. We then see loads of barrels inside containing biohazard signs and a sticker saying "Bio hazardous waste for destruction" we then see the pilots

Captain
That doesn't look good, let’s call it in.

Co Pilot
This is L9S422 Heavy, we have a bad storm ahead. Request course change, decision height 20,000 feet. Altimeter 2992, over.

ATC
L9S422 this is Pennsylvania Centre, Negative on height change. Remain on current speed and heading, you do not have height clearance, over.

Co Pilot
Pennsylvania centre, be advised, our aircraft is loaded with bio hazardous waste, we cannot risk compromising this plane, request emergency flight vectors

ATC
Request denied, proceed with current heading. We have the storm on radar and you will be clear of it in 4 minutes, over.

Captain
That’s great, I want to get through this quickly increase thrust speed to 400 knots, disengage the autopilot and take manual control. We are going to take this nice and smooth.

We see him push the thrust up and press some overhead dials. We then see the plane fly under the clouds and there is lightning in front of them.

Captain
We got some turbulence, let’s hope it doesn't get to heavy

Co Pilot
I can feel a lot of vibration on the yoke, its getting hard to hold her steady.

We see one of the barrels get knock out of the straps that the rest of the barrels are held secure by. Then there is a bolt of lightning that strikes the engine.

Captain
We've been hit! s***, we have lost the board.

Co Pilot
Mayday, Mayday. Pennsylvania centre this is LS9422, we have been struck by lightning and have lost avionics, request emergency landing clearance, please advise, over.

There is no response except static, there are lights flashing and beeping noises.

Co Pilot
We have lost coms, s*** we are all alone here.

We see a panel screen showing the oil pressure and a diagram of the wing section.

Captain
We lost engine 2 and the fuel line has been damaged, I'm not getting any pressure.

We see the engine, smoking, then burning, then it explodes, debris smashes into the side of the plane, ripping a big hole. We see the loose barrel, getting sucked out and fall behind the plane.

Captain
We lost cabin pressure, I'm taking her down to 10.000 feet.

They put on their breathing masks and are pressing buttons on the panel. We see the plane falling with a smoking wing and only part of the engine shell.

Captain
Find a clearing, we have to come in hard.

Co Pilot
I can't hold her, we are too badly damaged. Lower the flaps and open the spoilers, or we will come in too fast.

We see them lower the flaps and pull the spoiler lever. We see the flaps on the damaged wing get jammed, then one of them gets ripped off in the wind and smashes into the tail, breaking one of the wings off.

Co Pilot
I lost the rudder.

Captain
Mayday, mayday! Anyone who can receive this transmittion, this is flight LS9422, we are going to make an emergency landing, we are carrying contaminated waste. Please send an emergency biological containment team to decontaminate this plane in the event of a crash.

Co Pilot
I have no control, we are going to hit...

We see the plane fall out of the sky and smash into the ground, the whole wing gets ripped off, then there is a massive fireball that blows through the plane in sections, finally destroying the whole thing. We then see the stray barrel fall out the sky and splash into a river. We see it hit the bottom and tear open, with all the waste spewing into the river. The broken barrel floats towards a water treatment plant and gets sucked through. We then see the crash debris of the plane, it is surrounded by trucks that are spewing decontaminant foam over it. All the men are in bio suits, we see one pulling a burnt metal plate out the way revealing the other barrels.

Bio GuyI found what’s left of the cargo. It's been badly burnt here, I can't tell exactly how many barrels there are.

He has a scanner and it is reading the air over the barrels.

Bio Guy
I'm reading only a very small percentage of toxins, not enough to cause infection. I think the heat from the explosion has destroyed any viral concentrate in these barrels, the air is safe.

We see a man in a suit talking to the bio man

Suit
Is the area contained?

Bio Guy
Yes sir. The fire neutralised any biological contaminants, we haven't found any stray barrels, so I would say it’s safe.
Suit
Thank you. Get this stuff cleaned up, I need to arrange a meeting with the board of directors to update them on the situation.

We then see a microscopic vision of red bacteria cells floating about and, it zooms out to a glass of water, then zooms out as a man in a couch sips it while watching the news on TV about the crash.

Reporter
The crash happened earlier this afternoon, after being struck by lightning. The plane lost control and crashed 3 miles out from Pittsburgh, both pilots where killed, but where lucky enough to avoid a populated area. It is unknown what this cargo plane was carrying, but officials say, they are grateful that the plane's crash did not cause more fatalities.

"The Next Morning."

We see a doctor’s surgery, the doctor is writing a report, when his receptionist comes on the intercom.

Norma
Dr Mathews, can you come to the waiting room please.

Mathews
Is it urgent?

Norma
You could say that, we are overrun with patients.

The Dr enters the reception and the place is packed full of ill people, coughing up, some are being carried in.

Mathews
What is going on here? Norma, call the hospital, I can't handle these people alone.

Norma
I already have. Half the city checked in, they haven't got anymore beds left, and the queues are outside the hospital doors.

Mathews
It's an epidemic, I have never seen anything like this before.

It goes back to the man drinking a glass of water, he is watching the news again.
Man
That ringing in my head is killing me.

News
The crazed attacker who tore flesh away from the victim was finally subdued by police, in what they are calling a drink and drug fuelled rampage. One officer was bitten but not seriously hurt during the struggle. On other news an unknown virus has overrun the town of Pittsburgh, all Doctors Surgeries and the main hospitals have all been flooded with sick people. Doctors unable to cope with the sudden wave of infected are calling for any medical assistance from neighbouring States. One Doctor was able to speak to us and he said, there has been a mysterious outbreak of an unknown virus that has spread faster than anything he has ever seen. Scientists from the state university have been called in to try and find out what this virus is and how to fight it. Doctor Stanley Rayburn has said anyone who has the symptoms similar to vomiting, bad headaches, pale skin complexion with unusual scabs appearing on the body, must report to their nearest medical centre for blood testing and treatment. The department of viral research claims this could be a mutated strain of the flu virus, but are unable to speculate without proper examination of a live virus sample.

We see the man in the couch watching, he has gone quite grey and is coughing up, it then goes to the microscopic view of the virus cells taking over white blood cells.

Will
Remarkable, I have added a sample of the infected blood with that of an uninfected sample and the viral cells are taking over all the white blood cells at a phenomenal rate.

Rayburn
So it's a blood transmitted viral infection

Will
Yes and not airborne like the common flu.

Rayburn
If its blood transmitted, then how the hell has it spread so fast, I don't think half the city have had unprotected sex over night and passed on a new strain of flu.

Will
Exactly! Theoretically speaking an airborne virus would spread 30 times faster than a blood transmitted one, so these people have not passed it on to each other by breathing in other people’s infection. They caught it some other way.

Rayburn
How?

The scientist pours some water into a glass and drops a bit under the microscope. He takes a look and turns back to the doctor.

Will
It’s in the water, the bacteria is swimming in it. This is the only way to explain how so many people have been infected in a short amount of time.

Rayburn
Can you find a cure?

Will
I need to get a team over from the viral research base to study a synthesised strain of the virus, and find which anti bacteria works best to fight it. That could take days, maybe weeks. In the meantime we have to get in contact with the water board and tell them to shut off the water supply to the town.

At that moment a nurse comes into the room.

Nurse
Dr Rayburn, come quick, one of the patients has gone into cardiac arrest!

The Dr and scientist run into the room where one of the infected is being resuscitated. He is all grey and bleeding from scabs in his face, his eyes are black as if tired.

Nurse2
Clear!

He gets zapped with the defibrillator but is flat lined.

Nurse2
We lost him

Doctor2
Time of death, 16:42

Will
This is bad, the virus is deadly. The whole town needs to be quarantined until we have it under control.

Just as he is about to speak, the dead body sits up and grabs Rayburn sinking his teeth into his neck, knocking over a table with surgical tools

Doctor2
s***! He's alive!

Nurse
AAAAIIIIIIEEEEEE!

The zombie pulls the doctor to the floor, blood spraying out of his neck. The other doctor grabs the defibrillator attaches it to the back of his head and activates. The zombie gets zapped and falls to the floor.

Doctor
He was dead, I'm sure of it.

Will
He couldn't have been, your equipment must have been wrong. Dead people don't get up.

While this conversation is going on, we see Rayburn's eyes open and he is a zombie. We see his hand grab a scalpel. He climbs up to his feet. The scientist and other doctor stop talking and look at Rayburn in shock.

Doctor
Dr Rayburn, are you....

Before he finishes Rayburn Growls and lunges at the other doctor, stabbing him with the scalpel. He falls back knocking Will over too.

Will
AAAAAHHH!

Will tries to crawl to the door, but The Doctor grabs onto his legs

Doctor
Help me!

Rayburn grabs the side of his face we see his fingers go into his eye socket and Will screams and runs out. It goes back to the TV man, he is at the sink trying to get water but the tap won’t open.

Man
N... no... Water. No water is good, head... hurt.

He collapse's, then we see the reporter on TV.

Tricia
This is Tricia Brown, reporting live from The Kennedy memorial Hospital in Pittsburgh. We have just been told that the virus has killed 8 patients and the death toll is rising. I repeat this new virus is fatal. William Fenning, a scientist from the viral research institute has speculated that our drinking water is the source. Citizens are advised not to drink water from their faucet's it contains the deadly new virus.

Cameraman
What the hell?

The camera pans round and we see patients and Dr's in zombie form, staggering towards the news reporters.

Tricia
AAAAAHHHH!

We see 3 zombies latch on to Tricia, then the camera ends up sideways on the floor, showing the camera mans legs kick out and loads of other legs kneeling over him, the lens, has blood dribbling down the screen and then the camera cuts out.

Anchorman
Tricia, what is happening there? Tricia? I'm sorry, we have lost the signal, it seems our reporting team have been attacked by what looked like a crazed mob.

We see the TV on the outset as he says this, then again in the next panel, except the TV Man leans up and groans. It changes to a bar where people are watching the TV. We see a different reporter on the screen.

Reporter
We have just been given an updated report from Professor William Fenning who called us from the Kennedy memorial hospital. It has been confirmed that the virus kills those infected. We lost connection with the professor, before he could tell us anymore however, the chief of police has released this message at a press conference.

Changes to a press conference

ChiefAs of 7pm tonight the Pittsburgh is under martial law. All citizens are asked to return to their homes and secure and await evacuation to a quarantine control zone being set up now. We are doing all we can to find a vaccine, but we can only treat people if they are easily found at their addresses.

Police cars racing down the street.

Cop1The reports are crazy. They say people have gone apeshit and are attacking everyone.

Cop2
Everyone is getting sick, its just mass hysteria because of the virus

Cop1
We gotta restore order soon.

They arrive at the hospital and there is a small group of people leaning over a body. The police cars break and line up in a barricade and all get out drawing their guns.

Cop2
Get on the ground, Now!

The people turn around and one is chewing on a half devoured arm, the body has been completely gutted and another zombie turns around with intestines in his mouth and hand.

Cop1
What the f*** is going on here? They're eating that body.

Cop2
I said down, now or we will open fire on you!

The zombies crawl to their feet and stagger towards the police.

Cop1
Fire!

They open fire on the zombies, the bullets tear through them, but they continue to walk.

Cop2
What is wrong with them? They won’t drop!

One cop fires a shotgun at one, blowing him onto his back. With half his intestines hanging out, he continues to get up. We see the cops firing pointlessly as the zombies close in.

Cop3
(To radio) This is car 54, we are engaged by multiple crazed suspects, we need immediate back up, over!

The second cop shoots a round into one of their heads, the zombie drops.

Cop2:
Shoot them in the head!

The other cops join in and all 5 zombies are down. The first cop walks over to the nearest with his gun drawn.

Cop1
This son of a b**ch looks like he has been dead for a while, and stinks like s***.

Suddenly the hospital doors burst open with hundreds of zombies staggering out. Doctor's Patients and security guards.

Cop1
s***!

The other cops open fire again, but the door is too close and the zombies overrun the police. We see one tear the face off of one cop and all the others get munched. The 2nd cop pulls back, firing at any which get too close. It goes back to the bar, with the people watching the news.
Man
Well, folks, we better get back home.

Man2
None of us seem to have caught the virus, we should be fine.

News continues

Reporter
In 20 years as a reporter I have never heard anything like this before, but we are having multiple reports coming in from members of the public, claiming the recently deceased are returning to life in a zombiefied state. They do not respond to anyone, except by aggressively attacking and eating the living. The zombie virus is carried by the bite and officials say all citizens must barricade themselves in their homes and do not under any circumstances try to leave go looking for loved ones. A curfew has been placed and is effective immediately. If you are not at your homes you are instructed to stay where you are and secure the building as much as possible.

Man
Give me a break. Zombies? That’s bullshit, I got here an hour ago and everything was fine outside, there were no zombies

Suddenly the window is smashed and about 4 zombies grab a man sitting by the window and pull him out.

Barman
s***!

Zombies walk through the window and door and surround the few people in the bar.
[/u]
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/3115/veuwn5.jpg[/img]

Visit my forum
[url=http://www.video-fx-universe.tk//Video_Fx_Universe/]Video Effects Universe[/url]