Zombies...with a twist

This forum is for the discussion of scripts and storyboards. Post your hints, tips or requests here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Fewof_lamb

Zombies...with a twist

Post by Fewof_lamb »

Right. Here's the plan. A zombie musical.

I am currently doing a short film full of absurd scenes for a short film contest and one of said scenes involves a zombie musical number. I have a few friends composing the song and it got me thinking about how fun a full zombie musical would be. I am heavily involved with musical theatre so i have the contacts for composing and recording. The only thing in the way is a script.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas they wanted to contribute.
"there's only room for one number one... and i'm that number one!" - Chad Rockman

Davo
Akron Films
Victoria, Australia

E-mail: fewof_lamb@hotmail.com
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Zombies...with a twist

Post by foxwood »

Well if could be told from the zombie point of view about how they are not that bad, and their expereances eatting people etc.

check out the song,
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BjMiDZIY1bM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BjMiDZIY1bM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Fewof_lamb

Post by Fewof_lamb »

Hmmmm, not a bad idea. Sorry, i can't actually see the video because my computer doesn't play embedded sound in videos (For a musical video, irony). Thanks for the suggestion. Any other ideas?
"there's only room for one number one... and i'm that number one!" - Chad Rockman

Davo
Akron Films
Victoria, Australia

foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

the song is called re: your brains if you want to google it.
Fewof_lamb

Post by Fewof_lamb »

Hahahaha. That song is fantastic. I love it. I have enlisted the help of a friend i had back at High School for this song. He has got the chords down and is just doing the melody. So, finally, this is getting done.

Now, all i need to do is get the claymation started and the ball will be well and truely rolling. :)

Davo
Akron Films
Victoria, Australia

Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

I probably would have been amused about 3 months ago but the idea has been done. At least in Utah that is. I am in an apprenticeship for a place here called Spy Hop Productions and they have a program where about 12 kids take a year to write, film, and complete 2 narrative films and 2 documentaries. Anywho, one of this years narratives is called "Jerry" and it's a zombie musical. I have to cut a trailer for it in the near future...I'll show it to you when it's online.
Fewof_lamb

Post by Fewof_lamb »

I'm sorry. Shall i come up with something more original to amuse you? Like a straight zombie film? or an action film about gangsters? Jk.

And it's not really a zombie musical, just a 30 second scene. The overal plot is about two guys who find a button that, when pressed, causes strange and random events to happen. It's not up there with the plot of Casblanca or Gone with the Wind, but it gives me enough to make (what should be) a fun and interesting film. I am hoping that it should amuse someone. Oh, and the idea was already done before that by John McLean in Austin. He made "Z: A Zombie Musical". It's about three nuns who get bitten by a demon pug and get turned into zombies.

If you do have a trailer, I'd love to see it sometime.

Davo
Akron Films
Victoria, Australia

Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

There is a movie called, Happiness of the Katakuris, and it's like what you are wanting to make.

It's really random and there are zombie musical parts:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9F6yKmWujCw
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Jperson »

Ha ha...I thought of a thing a bit like that a while ago...lol :D
[url=http://tinite.com][img]http://onstoryline.com/Atinitefilmsstrip.gif[/img][/url]
michaeldearmanuk

Post by michaeldearmanuk »

:D Ha....great idea...got me thinking about Michael Jackson's Thriller video with the dancing zombies, so maybe you could have some zombies doing some ludicrous dance routine? :D
Michael Dearman
www.myspace.com/michaeldearmanuk
www.youtube.com/michaeldearmanuk
Fewof_lamb

Post by Fewof_lamb »

Thanks for the input. Having a little problem as my leading actor has moved to Sydney (about 11 hours away) to perform in an opera for 3 months, but i am working on casting someone else and I shouldn't be too far off schedule.

I hope to post the scene once it is filmed (which should be the first scene shot as i have effects to work on), provided i can find a way around the "first showing" clause of the contest. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers.

Davo
Akron Films
Victoria, Australia