Script Frenzy!

This forum is for the discussion of scripts and storyboards. Post your hints, tips or requests here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Script Frenzy!

Post by OutcastJiob »

I don't know how many of you have done NaNoWriMo. It's National Novel Writing Month, in which you write a 50,000 word novel (so technically, more of a novella, but still), in one month. All the words must be written inside that month--November--and you have to be done by the end of the month. I just did it last year, it was a fantastic experience and I'd recommend to anyone who writes (even though I did just barely scrape by the 50k requirement and ended up writing something like 7k words on the last day because I'd fallen behind. . .).

But! Moving on to the main topic here. The same people are doing a similar thing, but this one is for film scripts. It's called Script Frenzy! and this is the first year for it. It'll be in June. Requirements are that you complete a 20,000 word script in that month. http://www.scriptfrenzy.org/ .

Anyone else going to do it?
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
F.F.F.

RE: Script Frenzy!

Post by F.F.F. »

Sounds cool.
Can I read your novella?
Nba185

Post by Nba185 »

woah.. 20000 word script.
myspace.com/minshproductions
myspace.com/minsh_com

Selling adobe softwares. PM for more info.
OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by OutcastJiob »

F.F.F. . . sorry, but no. Looking back on it, it's pretty badly written and in serious need of editing, so I'm not about to humiliate myself by posting it on the internet anywhere =D. Thanks for the interest, though ^_^.

Yeah, Nba--at first, I thought that was going to be really easy. After all, I've done 50k words in one month, right, so this should be easy. And then, I opened up my longest script and noticed that it was 6k words. So it's going to be a lot tougher than I was originally thinking, hmph.
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

That sounds really intersting I'll defently have to look into it. We should have everybody post their work here as well if you pretisapate to at the very lest help jestate peoples ideas. But a 20,000 word script doesn't sound that bad.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Dubble post for a resion

So ya totaly doing this. I went back and looked at some of the scripts I wrote and my 81 page teranto rip of has 16,000ish words
By 91 page teen comady had 14,000ish words, which I find kind of strange but whatever.
And my 119 page action script had 28,161 words
And my 81 page diablo adapation has 20,033.

All three scripts took less then a mouth to write the first drafts off which were close to the word count displayed. Thought this might be some useful information So I have come to the realization that if you want to chew up words, write an action picture. I'm going to try and be heavy on both action and bad diologe though.

We should also bounce ideas off of each other as well.

I'm thinking my acion moive idea I had a few weeks ago at work which is best described as Die Hard in a TV station.

So what are ya'll ideas and we can work to have some good stuff in our heads before June.
penisorshkin

Post by penisorshkin »

I HAVE NEVER WROTEN A SCRIPT. I HAVE NO TALENT