help with a gun fight.

This forum is for the discussion of scripts and storyboards. Post your hints, tips or requests here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

help with a gun fight.

Post by foxwood »

So I'm writting this script and I have this gun fight in the middle that takes place in the suberbs (the majoraty of the movie is in the city). anyway I just can't seem to write out this gun fight so I figured I would turn to you guys and see if you had any ideas.

So far what I have written is my two guys Tim and John walk out of a house with a padio and they are hit by a drive by and then a small shotout insues and they run away.

I'm just trying to find something intersting to do while getting them back to their car, as they are chased by an assassion with an uzi.

So the idea of the sequence is to get two young men who are former mob peons trying to get across a naborhood to their car while a hitman is trying to kill them, and it starts with a drive by. And the two guys have pistols. So thats the only requirement an intersting way to get them across the naborhood to their car and ditch this guy.

hopefuly you guys can come up with an idea or something to spark the rest of my creativity.

thanks.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: help with a gun fight.

Post by maj_barnes »

Sounds like it'd be kinda boring with just the three shooting at each other, especially if it's going to be drawn out over the length of a neighborhood. When I first saw the drive by, all I could think of is Smokin' Aces with the Tremors blowing away the bail bondsmen.

What does the neighborhood look like?
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Well its kind of flat with a large hill with more houses in the back their is a creek running though the area with some spots of woods.
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Are you looking for something long and drawn out, or something quick and to the point?

If that's the case, I'd keep it simple - the drive by gets their heads down, they return fire, the car drives off. They then take off to get to their car, with the hitman hunting them and exchanging gunfire as they run from cover to cover.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

Take a look at this (from about the five minute mark). All this is going to be is fire back, move to cover. Best way to make it interesting: lots of bullet hits: things that look cool, lot of eye candy.

kene555
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by kene555 »

Maybe the hitman does the driveby, which makes them duck for cover. He tosses a grenade out the window and drives off. This gives the two a reason to run to their car. Maybe they're running in backyards and the driver is on the street shooting at them. Like have the camera moving with the actors, looking at them sideways. So in the foreground is the actors running, middle is houses, background is the driver driving parallel to the actors shooting.
CREATE FOR THE SAKE OF CREATING

http://www.neighborhoodstudios.com
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

cool, I'll check the link out when I get home. I'm not sure why my brain has been so kind of dead when it comes to this sequence, thanks for the help guys.
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Zacatac927 »

my probblem with amatuer gun fights, wehn stood up against hollywod ones, are the hollywood ones have more talking during the fights... instead of running and shooting, they'lll have some remark that will fit
@Zacatac927

www.vimeo.com/zac927
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

my probblem with amatuer gun fights, wehn stood up against hollywod ones, are the hollywood ones have more talking during the fights... instead of running and shooting, they'lll have some remark that will fit
? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USZARLgMl6o
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Is the Assassin allowed to die? Or get shot in the shoulder or something then later recover?
Hide or fight for your life?
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: RE: help with a gun fight.

Post by foxwood »

rhys wrote:Is the Assassin allowed to die? Or get shot in the shoulder or something then later recover?
no, that happons in their next encounter with him.
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Re: RE: help with a gun fight.

Post by UFProductions »

I'd go for some long wide shots as they run through the neigbourhood not really knowing what's going on. Think the Mr Pink flashback from Reservoir Dogs or the epic street shoot-out from the end of Heat. Lots of gunfire and hits (like Barnes said) with focus on the sound design to make it feel like you're there, IE: have police sirens building in the background, gunfire echoing off buildings while the characters jump fences and whatnot.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Re: RE: help with a gun fight.

Post by rhys »

What guns do u have? Automatic? Handguns? Sub-Machine Guns? Semi-Automatic?
Hide or fight for your life?
kene555
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by kene555 »

Take a look at LisaTrainer's gun prop collection...

Dang...
CREATE FOR THE SAKE OF CREATING

http://www.neighborhoodstudios.com
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

i've got handguns and a SMG that I am using for this fight.