Chase Sequence for Horror/Exploitation Film. NEED HELP!

This forum is for the discussion of scripts and storyboards. Post your hints, tips or requests here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

MGH

Chase Sequence for Horror/Exploitation Film. NEED HELP!

Post by MGH »

I need help making a chase scene. Heres the scenario. Killer chasing killer. The one being pursued has a empty gun. The chaser has a hunting knife. One with knife nearly kills other one, but is shot while other one flees. It ends with the one with a knife catching up to and knocking out the other one on the ground with a rock.

Please Help me with Blocking and what makes chase scenes like Last House on the Left and Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Original '74 Version) interestng and what I should incorporate into this part of my film.
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

I think it would be best if you made all this just one thread...
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

I think I'm going to kill myself if I see another "need help with Horror/Exploitation film" thread.
inf3ct

Post by inf3ct »

True, you should try to keep all this stuff in one thread MGH.

Anyways for this scene I think you should just keep a fast pace. Have the camera always moving with the actors as they run and do some quick edits. Thats all the advice I have for now. lol
[url]http://www.geocities.com/realcultfilm[/url]

[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/inf3ct/banners/thrillercultbanner2.jpg[/img]
MGH

Post by MGH »

Sorry about all the exploitation threads, I am just making a film and I keep hitting obstacles. Anyways, thanks for not getting all p*** off at me. What I am asking for here is: What makes a chase scene intense? What keeps the audience on the edge of their seat (Ignore the cliche)?
angusware
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by angusware »

Chase scenes are intense when you make people have waves of involvement. Make a fast close-cut and tightly shot scene of them running and what-not. Then go in for a slower sequence with no music and just breathing and stuff, build the suspense as they play cat and mouse in bushes or around a car. Then make the running and fast-paced scene again but only on the coverage of the victim, while the killer becomes calm and collected, with only the victim panicing and the killer focused and ready to kill. Show the weapon quickly, and provide the audience with the feeling of danger. Use waves of emotion and styles and speeds, keep the victim in close-up and the kiler at a mid distance when he is calm. Use the killers point of view shot. DO NOT USE ROCK MUSIC in the editing, if you can use no music at all and built the suspence entirely on breathing and walking sounds. if you need and example of suspense without music watch the poker scene in Casion Royale (there is little to no music the entire poker game, and yet we feel highly envolved). Good luck