CANT BURN A DVD...HELP ME PLEASE

All aspects of creating media (DVD, Blu-ray, VCD or SVCD) including authoring and menu creation.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

laxster08

CANT BURN A DVD...HELP ME PLEASE

Post by laxster08 »

alright i have a DVD burner, adobe premier pro(where my movie is) and nero express...how in the heck do i burn a DVD i have tried everything...notthing will work...please help
lukeprausnitz
Posting Freak
Posting Freak
Location: London, Engalnd, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by lukeprausnitz »

i dont know
I would never join a club that would have me as a member
slimdog55
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by slimdog55 »

i dont know
What kind of an answer is that? Laxster08, Have you tried clicking the button "Burn Directly to DVD" in Adobe Premiere Pro?
lukeprausnitz
Posting Freak
Posting Freak
Location: London, Engalnd, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by lukeprausnitz »

a useful answer. i was merely informing laxster08 that i do not have the answer to his question
I would never join a club that would have me as a member
laxster08

Post by laxster08 »

ya i did...and it says there an error everytime its almost done
slimdog55
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by slimdog55 »

Well, I guess you're gonna have to get a DVD authoring software, or put it on a VCD.
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by U.S.Amateurfilmaker »

I had the same problem with Sonic my DVD, it got to the end of the burning process and then said "we're sorry but a problem has occured while burning your DVD, Sonic will now close". My solution was to get professional DVD creation software and everything has been fine. Although, you might want to check what you are using. Are you putting a DVD+R disk into a DVD-R burning drive? or the other way around? Also, have you tried re-installing Nero?

And don't just settle for VCD, try different things and see if it burns ok. If you are still having problems PM me and I'll try to help further. good luck :)
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
Skitz-O-Phrenia

Post by Skitz-O-Phrenia »

Will your burner burn both +and - R discs? If so try the other disc... I have DVD architect and tried to burn a dvd with a -R disc, no go. I tried everything and nothing would work...put in a +R disc...no problems what so ever. Some programs are real finiky about that cr** since dvd burning is still new
Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Matt »

If you have got Premiere Pro you should be able to use the 'Adobe Media Encoder'. option. Chose 'DVD-MPEG2 PAL' or 'NTSC' if you are in the US.

For testing select a '4000mbs, one pass' quality setting. Choose an output location and encode the footage. You will now have some mpeg2 files. That is the enocding done.

Now you need to 'author'. This is the process of building the DVD files (VOB etc). You will need a DVD Authoring package. I use TMPEGEnc DVD Author v1.5.
Jass Films
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Jass Films »

Yeah your best to get some authoring software.
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

Matt:
Thanks for the great sugestion it helped me with my problem also.
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com
www.lakesideentertainment.com

Latest Game [url=http://www.nova-productions.com/whack_a_bean.html]Whack-A-Bean[/url]
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Updating the DVD Writer's firmware can do wonders to it's performance! Find out who the manufacturer is, and get their firmware update utility software.

It was the whole cause why mine was burning and coming up with an error just at the last moment.

Nero does some authoring, obviously it's basic, and there's better software wot like Matt told us above.
Moderating behind the bushes!