my dvd authoring software SUCKS

All aspects of creating media (DVD, Blu-ray, VCD or SVCD) including authoring and menu creation.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

nileo6

my dvd authoring software SUCKS

Post by nileo6 »

I have DVD burning software that really sucks. It is called Sonic. The thing i don't like about it is that it converts all my movies to some mpeg format that is really low quality. Ive got a lot of memory that is being bogged down on my comp and i need to burn and delete a lot of my video. but, i dont want to delete them since the only copies ill have of them will be crummy. so does anyone know of some good DVD burning software that is pretty cheap and doesn't compress the video so much?
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Ah yes! I know the ol' Sonic. I recently got myself Adobe Encore, but I have yet to play around with it. Roxio isn't bad if you don't mind the cheesy "home movie" genre.
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by U.S.Amateurfilmaker »

To get a really nice DVD you pretty much have to go with pro software such as Adobe Encore or Sony DVD architect.

There is DVD Lab however, and its only $99. Although, it is didtributed by an extremely small, private company, and there are spelling errors in the menus and dialogue boxes, so you be the judge.

http://www.mediachance.com/
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Really, you get what you pay for.
padawanNick

Post by padawanNick »

There's also DVD Workshop from Ulead.
Here's a review that some guy wrote. :P
Have fun.
Mushiman

Post by Mushiman »

U.S.Amateurfilmaker wrote:To get a really nice DVD you pretty much have to go with pro software such as Adobe Encore or Sony DVD architect.
They're not pro dvd authoring software. The "pro's" use Sonic solutions Scenarist, the industry standard.
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/derkoi][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/derkoi.png[/img][/url]
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

It also is list priced at $8,000. :D
Mushiman

Post by Mushiman »

Is that all!?!
The last time i checked it was priced at $15,000.
I sense a new version coming out....
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/derkoi][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/derkoi.png[/img][/url]
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

iamnothing

Post by iamnothing »

I have DVD Studio Pro for my Mac and it does everything I need.
TXFilms

Dvd software

Post by TXFilms »

A week ago, DVD Workshop would be my pick. But I did a stupid (by stupid I mean smart) thing and bought new software without checking it out. Vegas 4.0 + Dvd Architect. Amazing. Great quality DVD's, and get this. I can encode surround sound. I know it can be done in other software, like Maven 3D or even cool edit pro (actually I edit the wav's in cep and import them to vegas, and out to AC3.) Not as easy to make cool intro animations and menus as DVD Workshop, but it has the same basic functionality. Even better, I can convert all my video to high quality mpg from Vegas, and it takes care of me on the Architect end. Now I do my main editing in Premiere 6.5 as usual, but I touch up and add surround sound with Vegas now, and burn with Architect. These three programs (or two if you subtract premiere) will give you the most freedom.

Just my 2.
Caveman

Post by Caveman »

try DVDit! <- I think it rules, v. simple 2 use, v. quick, does moving titles... anything I want reeli.

Seriously, authoring a DVD takes me about 5 mins in DVDit! (and that's on a super-slow computer so I storngly recommend it.

(sound like an advert don't I! Lol)

just a thought.....
TXFilms

Post by TXFilms »

I know the tread is dead, but I had to throw this out. I finally gave in and got new software. DVD-Lab Pro. Hmm. Its, um, different. Definately a learning curve to it. But the freedom to do anything, (I repeat, "ANYTHING"!) I want is amazing. Panorama menus. Menu transitions (Although I make my own, its nice to have pre-made options too.) Still can do surround, but now I can not only design the dvd, but I can use variables and VM commands to do things like quiz show with scores, switched menus, and other cool stuff.
Definately worth a free download for 30 days... And its not $8,000, its pretty low-priced actually.
I believe its www.mediachance.com
Almondo99
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Almondo99 »

Toast 6 Titanium is what I use. Easy and affordable.
The Illuminated | The Matrix Revalations
-Production | Pre-production
Radiate
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Radiate »

Yeah thats pretty good, but iDVD is terrible! They made us use that at school, it turned so bad....... I dont like any programs that come with mac.....
"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom."
-Isaiah 40:28