subtitles?

All aspects of creating media (DVD, Blu-ray, VCD or SVCD) including authoring and menu creation.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

tma

subtitles?

Post by tma »

hi i am actualy deaf and have some dvd's without subtiles is there anyway of creating them and then adding them to the dvd at all? :oops:
ProdigyFilmsinc.

RE: subtitles?

Post by ProdigyFilmsinc. »

Yes but it is quite complicated. I'll try and explain. There are 2 ways that I know of. One- there is a program on the internet called hand brake. It is free and it will allow you to take your DVD's and put them into a digital format. Here is the link for the program.

http://handbrake.m0k.org/?page_id=24

Then you import the file that handbrake created into your editing software. Then you make the subtitles. Put them in the film appropratley, export it, then burn a NEW DVD and when it plays back it should show the subtitles.

The other way is alot more expenisve but a little bit better quality. You need a media encoder, its a device that will allow you to capture DVD's and VHS just like it was a MINI DV. Then you do the same steps, import, add subtitles, export, and burn. Thats pretty much it. Hope I helped.
Who ever said digital is better than film should hang for treason.
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

That link's only for mac users btw
angusware
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by angusware »

There are companies that do this kind of thing. Not that this helps this particular issue but : http://dvd-subtitles.com/
Adam

Post by Adam »

The DVD version of Hollow Point is available with Subtitles. I added them using Adobe Encore. It was very time consuming to do, firstly the dialogue needed to be transcribed and then the precise timings had to be adjusted down to the nearest frame to make them appear correct when being shown.