I found Quality Cheap Hosting!!!!

Post all your general non-film related PC and Mac stuff here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Jass Films
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

I found Quality Cheap Hosting!!!!

Post by Jass Films »

I noticed that Matt was advertising a hosting service, he should change it to SERVAGE.NET

AU$9.75 per month!
- 7,500mb storage
- 330gb transfer per monh
- Up to 25 domains!!!!
- Unlimited Sub-domains
- Unlimited FTP accounts
- All unlimited mail stuff
- 1 free domain (includes free registration)
- All domain transfers are free.
- Online web stats
- 99.98% uptime guarentee (has 100% history due to it's unique fail safe set-up)
- Custom error pages
- FREE WHOIS PRIVACY!!!!!!!!!!!! (So people can't access your personal details)
- Unlimited MySQL Databases
- PHP

You think of it, servage most likely has it... Plus it is fast!!!! Visitors to your site are automatical transfered to the fastest server, so that even at busy times visitors get the fastest service possible

So why am I telling you this? Because I recently transfered to their service and it has been fantastic. I made some suggestions to them and they listened!!!!! Yes, they said they were great ideas and they will be implementing them very shortly

Use this refferal code "CUST13528" and we both get 500mb extra storage free!!!!!! This is such an awesome service, I am so glad I transferred Very Happy. Plus when you pay for 12 months in advance, you get 2 months free hosting!!!! that's 14 months for just AU$117!!!!! So those who are from the UK can get all that host for like 1p... lol

Go to http://www.servage.net/?coupon=cust13528 and help us both out. and remember to use that coupon code to get 500mb extra storage for free

Oh I'm so happy :D I love Servage :D
Last edited by Jass Films on Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
ct_bullet
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: I found Quality Cheap Hosting!!!!

Post by ct_bullet »

sounds wicked, although you did put 7,500gb of space, blody hell, i think you mean mb, my friend is wityh servage and has no problems, he loves it too
movie fanatic

http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com/
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

When will you people learn that my hosting is better value!!!!
Moderating behind the bushes!
Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Truggy »

how is yours better? lol....that first set of spec's impresses me...though i have all that for FREE MUUHAAA....just cause i work with uber 1337 system admins..lol
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/xerojohny88][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/xerojohny88.png[/img][/url]
--
Dance Dance Revolution: Proving white people dont have rhythm since 1998
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Well, firstly, don't get fooled by the 7,500 GB, because it's MB not GB!
Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Truggy »

thats why i said, i have it for free muuhaaa..... - 7500 MB. Web Space

cause thats what it is...7500 mb.
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/xerojohny88][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/xerojohny88.png[/img][/url]
--
Dance Dance Revolution: Proving white people dont have rhythm since 1998
Jass Films
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Jass Films »

yeah, sorry, meant mb's. Fixed it now.
El Brenty

Re: RE: I found Quality Cheap Hosting!!!!

Post by El Brenty »

Truggy wrote:how is yours better? lol....that first set of spec's impresses me...though i have all that for FREE MUUHAAA....just cause i work with uber 1337 system admins..lol
Quite simply put, un US$, Brivtech hosting space is about 79 cents per GB, whereas the one Jass is talking about is 96 cents per GB. Bandwidth works out better as well, where Brivtech is 1.6 cents per GB, and the other is 2.2 cents. Brivtech also offers a load of hosting extras, and the server also has a 99.9% uptime guarantee using world-class secure servers.

If it's the amount of space that is of interest, and Brivtech's 5GB for their basic package doesn't interest, you, then you could always go for the 10GB or 25GB packages, that are also much better value for money for the amount of space that you get.

Over a year, you'd be paying US $ 47.40 with Brivtech, compared to US $ 85.92 with Jass's. The difference would more than cover the domain freebies you get with the other - Lets see, Domain registration with Brivtech for a .com is $1.99! Can't knock it really, you have to admit, that is very good value for money, and as you can see, also better value for money. All Jass's hosting has done is load up the price with things that most normal people won't ever get to use.

What Jass has is good, but isn't exactly the cheap quality hosting when you compare it to many other quality hosting packages on the market. Sorry Jass.
Jass Films
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Re: RE: I found Quality Cheap Hosting!!!!

Post by Jass Films »

lol, guess what, they recently upgraded we now get 25gb storage, and 550gb bandwidth. Still for $9.95AU per month. So that's around $7.30 a month US, thrashes the price of your plans. Everyone is upgrading, and servage is growing so fast due to the fact that is has a great service. I'm not the only one blabbing about servage.
Ornsack

RE: Re: RE: I found Quality Cheap Hosting!!!!

Post by Ornsack »

Although probably slightly more than Cammys webhosting, I found a good one for beginners today - www.mrsite.co.uk

Saw it in a box in a 'gadget' shop. Had good novelty value!
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
redlightoncamera

Post by redlightoncamera »

try www.goaddy.com they have very cheap plans, though it will save you if you sign up for 5 years!
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Use my hosting instead of GOdaddy! I use the same world-class servers and services they subscribe to and my pricing plans are better than theirs! Plus, I also offer free personal support for server-based program installation like phpBB and shopping cart software, something they don't go the extra mile to do. One thing none of the above offer is SMS texting services and WAP, which of course, I do!

I also offer hosting and domain service reseller opportunities for anyone who wants to add these kind of services to their web design business.

Use me people, I'm reliable have good quality services, and have to earn a living somehow. I don't make huge profits and give a very good service.
windog
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by windog »

cam, I think you are spamming your business somewhat!
<a href="http://alexmassey.voice123.com">Alex Massey - voice over</a>

I will try to beat any other voice over quote!
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Of course! It's the only reward I get for moderating this forum!
windog
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by windog »

lol
<a href="http://alexmassey.voice123.com">Alex Massey - voice over</a>

I will try to beat any other voice over quote!
redkorn

Post by redkorn »

Here is my site

http://www.snyderproduction.com

I use...
http://www.dotanything.net

5000 MB Web Space
250000 MB Transfer
1 Free Domain Name registration/transfer
unlimited features.
$25/yr
Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Matt »

The web hosting I advertise is run by Camclub, who as a valued moderator, gets the monopoly on hosting banner adverts on my site :)

This site is hosted on www.arteryplanet.com and they have been brilliant. I use this account for all my email, my girlfriends email and another site as well.

The key to hosting is customer service. Occasionally things go wrong and that is where you need a good response time. When your site goes down hours can seem like forever. Help with scripts etc is something most web hosts would not offer.

Camclub has been around these parts for years as a well respected moderator so I would guess he runs a tight ship. As they say (on ships).

One thing to remember with any host is to seriously consider paying per month not per year. Although you tend to get a discount for signing up for a year it makes it much harder to leave if they a) go bust or b) fail to deliver a decent service. Pay per month and leave them whenever you need to without loosing money.
Nba185

Post by Nba185 »

myspace.com/minshproductions
myspace.com/minsh_com

Selling adobe softwares. PM for more info.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

There are a few web sites theat offer free hosting and all u have to do is put tere link on ur site somewhere. Look around, its cheaper.
Hide or fight for your life?
LoneManFilms

Post by LoneManFilms »

Anybody use Surpass? I've been using them for almost two years now and haven't had any problems. By the way, to all you domain name owners: NEVER let your name expire! Found that one out the hard way...
Thanks,
Alex Bruce
www.lonemanfilms.com
ALove
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ALove »

rhys wrote:There are a few web sites theat offer free hosting and all u have to do is put tere link on ur site somewhere. Look around, its cheaper.
Yeah but bandwidth sucks, and so does storage, and they like to put in tones of popups. Right now I'm using my friends subdomain, but I like the look of CamClub's plan. When I get around to finally getting my own site, just know I'm seriously considering yours. :D
[img]http://acemedia.sandfalls.com/banner.jpg[/img]
Nba185

Post by Nba185 »

LoneManFilms wrote:Anybody use Surpass? I've been using them for almost two years now and haven't had any problems. By the way, to all you domain name owners: NEVER let your name expire! Found that one out the hard way...
Hmm. why?
myspace.com/minsh_com

LoneManFilms

Post by LoneManFilms »

Hmm. why?
I had to pay a fee for EVERYTHING to get a site back up.
Nba185

Post by Nba185 »

The host should have told you the fee you have to pay, etc..
myspace.com/minsh_com

El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Mine's the best!

Mine's the best!

Actually,we're undergoing some re-branding soon. I've been working on a super duper e-commerce project that's going to take the world by storm and change people's shopping habits.