Display problems

Post all your general non-film related PC and Mac stuff here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Carnage7p
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Display problems

Post by Carnage7p »

on my dell inspiron 8100 laptop i have been having display problems. when i try to change the resolution (everything is very tiny right now) instead of making icons and text bigger, the screen changes so that the desktop does not even fill the whole screen and the edges are left black. i have never experienced this before. it used to work fine and on all my other computers the display settings work fine. what can i do?
Peter Cote
Founder of Breakout Films

[img]http://i07.thefacebook.com/pics/3/0/n11400374_4237.jpg[/img]
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Display problems

Post by UFProductions »

That sounds pretty crazy, are you using Control Panel>Display Settings, or a third party utility like nView Desktop Manager (or some other video card function)? The only thing I can sugest is using the option you aren't currently.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
Carnage7p
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Carnage7p »

i am the regular control panel > display > settings. right now it uses the full screen space but is really small. when i try to change it to make it bigger, it doesnt fill the screen space.
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Sounds to me that the computer isn't recognising the display panel type. Try changing it/re-installing the drivers and see if that helps.
Moderating behind the bushes!
Radiate
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Radiate »

It's probably something you have to physically have to mess with on the screen control buttons.
"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom."
-Isaiah 40:28