Splinter Cell

Post all your general non-film related PC and Mac stuff here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Splinter Cell

Post by UFProductions »

I got Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory when it came out a couple months ago. My computer exceeds all the recomended system specs and it runs like a wet bucket of as s. I have no idea why. Not long afterwards I got Half Life: 2, and haven't played Splinter Cell since. What I'm asking is if any of you can point out what the weak link in my setup is, and what I can do to fix it. System specs are:

P4 HT 3.0 Ghz
1 GB of Ram
Over 100 GB free Hard Drive space
NVIDEA GeForce PCX 5300 128 MB

My guess is the video card, I'm just hoping there may be a solution other than dumping $300 into a new 256 MB card. Please help, I can only play so much Half Life and CS!
Almondo99
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Almondo99 »

I think the only way would be to get a new one, ATI Radeon 9000 or 9800 or something. It can be played on the XBOX too, HL2 is coming to the XBOX too.
Does HL2 run ok? It could be just Splinter Cell 3...
You could try lowering the anti aliasing and whatnot. It sounds like a lot of people are having trouble playing it, even with top line pcs. There might be help on game forums, reviews or the game's website, on ubi.com or ubisoft.com
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

Another idea would be to throw those games away and play Diablo 2 or Duke Nukem. :wink:
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Yeah, HL2 runs great, full resolution and all settings at their highest. On the other hand I've got Splinter Cell way down on lowest setting, antialiasing, shadow rendering etc... al turned off and on low resolution and it's still terrible. As far as getting it for Xbox, it's a fine idea, but I don't have one, nor the money to buy one. I've never liked platforms anyway. Good idea to check out game forums though, I'll try that next, thanks.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.