GAH! FLIPPIN' SPYWARE!

Post all your general non-film related PC and Mac stuff here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

tallman_house_pictures
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

GAH! FLIPPIN' SPYWARE!

Post by tallman_house_pictures »

this flippin spyware installed its self in program files on my computer (its called ebatesmoneymaker0). My spy ware program detects it and I hit delete but it won't delete.

I manually went into program files and deleted it and it told me "Acsess denied" what the flip? Its my own flipping computer!

SO I deleted some of the other files in the folder, they leave for a few secs and then just apear agian. I see them in the recycleing bin and delete them but they appear in the same folder as they were.

HELP!!! How do I get rid of this??!?!?!?!?!?
www.tallmanhousepictures.com
tallmanhousepictures@gmail.com
fi11m-m4k3r

RE: GAH! FLIPPIN

Post by fi11m-m4k3r »

:o seems like you have yourself a piece of nasty spyware.
Did you try going into the control panel > Add or remove programs and delete it from there?
redkorn

Post by redkorn »

dude i had that too, that only way i got rid of it was to completly reformat my pc.
wildabeast009

Post by wildabeast009 »

Make sure your anti-spyware is updated. Also, if it won't delete any critical files, try deleting the folder the spyware is in. You can maybe even delete that program and re-install it later to see if the delete takes the spyware with it.
You know what's a fun game? Take 3 Excedrin PM's and see if you can whack off before you fall asleep. You always win, that's the best part about the game. -Cal, [i]The 40 Year Old Virgin[/i]
Grant

Post by Grant »

sometimes a simple system restore to a date pre-spyware will remove the problem.
Raptor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Raptor »

Reboot to safe mode, then run your spyware removal tool. Also try the MS anti spyware beta and Adaware in combo, but these types of self protecting programs need to be removed in safe mode. Also some you may need to remove the registry entry for tham manually from
HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Current Version/run
The UNDERGROUND
[url]http://theundergroundtv.com[/url]
Music television for unsigned bands