Why do people use photoshop?

Post all your general non-film related PC and Mac stuff here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

smiles906

Why do people use photoshop?

Post by smiles906 »

Why do people use photoshop? is it for some kool effects? I am unexperience so can someone please tell me? Can i send me a link on where i can get it? Plx help me :oops:
Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Why do people use photoshop?

Post by Truggy »

it's for graphical design, it helps u create a website, or edit a picture from saying "Toys are us" to "Toys are in us" or something like that, u get the idea. Very VERY useful program tho
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/xerojohny88][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/xerojohny88.png[/img][/url]
--
Dance Dance Revolution: Proving white people dont have rhythm since 1998
Grant

Post by Grant »

It is a brilliant and powerful application. East to understand the basics and produces great results
ct_bullet
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ct_bullet »

get it from adobe.com
movie fanatic

http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com/
Radiate
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Radiate »

If you dont have any video effects software you can use that, but you would have to do it for each frame. You can get it just about anywhere that sells computer software.
"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom."
-Isaiah 40:28
redkorn

Post by redkorn »

you can create anything you ever dreamt of. and also you can make stuning animations and specail effects in your films. The possiabilities are endless.
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Photoshop is not the only graphics editor. I've been using Corel PhotoPAINT for about 10 years now, and still prefer it over Photoshop. I used to be a professional graphics designer for a few years, so I've tried out most of the packages out there.

The advantage of the Corel suite is that CorelDRAW and Corel PhotoPAINT integrate with each other. You do the layout with CorelDRAW where you make use of layers for manipulation and create vector graphic work.

There's a huge array of special effects. If you check out their website (Given below), you can see examples of the features available!

Try the full version out for yourself on a few 30 day trial that Corel give at: http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite? ... 7022725614

Corel and Adobe are very similar in function. Adobe were originally written for Apples, so sometimes to do a function, you have to go through a kazillion menus. With Corel (Which were originally written for PCs), you have contect-sensitive help when you right-click, cutting out all those hard to find menu options.

If the price scares you, there is a cut-down version that retains much of the functionality called Corel Essentials 2.

One good tip if you are buying Corel Graphics Suite (And this applies to the competitor's products as well) is to buy an upgrade version. The upgrade version has the full functionality of the full version, but requires a copy of an olver version to validate it. You can pick up cheaper older versions on Amazon and Ebay for next to nothing (Check on the upgrade which version you need)! Saves a fortune. Also look at Academic upgrade licenses if you are at school/college for even better savings!
Moderating behind the bushes!
xander-prd

Post by xander-prd »

i love photoshop =)

hehehe, i bin usin it since i was 6, and its rele snazzy, i wna get CS2!! i made my syt in photoshop too, its so useful
[url=http://www.jowka.com][b]Jowka-Dot-Com[/b][/url]
[b]JOWKA[/b]
jcdenton
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by jcdenton »

yes, it's good but also pretty expensive. If you cannot afford it, try "the gimp" (google may find installers for win32), originally made for inlux as a photoshop replacement, then ported to windows too, open source and free.
bangoker

Post by bangoker »

well, like for the same reason people use paint, but 10000000 times more poweful (and complex), but you can get really cool stuff with it.
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!, paint is the absolute highest standard in digital graphics.... i cannot believe you people!!!!!!! just joking, photoshop is a good program because of its wide array of abilities, customizable just about everything, you can even make your own abstract brushes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG theres something wrong with me, but uh ya basically, it just has the ability to customize everything, as well as very powerful built in tools!
You blithering, blathering, bloody, back-stabbing b*tch
lethelgirth87
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by lethelgirth87 »

I would say I not only use photoshop for effects, but I also use it just to play with and like Truggy said change titles of things. Like when I was running for class persident, I took a bunch of movie posters and changed the names so they would benefit me. Also, photoshop is pretty much the only adobe product that I enjoy using. Every other adobe product seems to just irritate me.

Heres an example.
"Prolly Just Film"
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

So, did you win?
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

ROFL, VOTE HARD2 thats good, if you didnt win the voters had no idea what a good class president is!!!
lethelgirth87
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by lethelgirth87 »

Out of like 5 candidates I made it down to the final ballot, and I was against a chick, so of course I lost.....She pretty much copied off of everything I did. See everyone copied everything I did, so my stuff wasn't special anymore, but I bet if I could run again I could beat her, but its all good, because now everyone knows who I am! :)
"Prolly Just Film"
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

its too bad. the bottom line is this people use photoshop because it can do (if not off the shelf then with plugins) what everyother program, and somethings otehr programs cant, and its fully customizable!