Maybe I'll build one...

Post all your general non-film related PC and Mac stuff here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Clarence
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Clarence »

Sounds good.
Carnage7p
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Carnage7p »

if you can sacrifice something to get adobe video collection professional because after effecrts standard does not have particle playground which is a very crucial plug in.
My school has a G5 with the 16x9 monitor and final cut pro 4.0 and its suppa fast, i like it.
I have a
compaq P4 2.4ghz
256megz of ram
xp pro
17" lcd flat panel
60GB internal
200GB internal
and a dvd burner
which i use all adobe stuff and everything runs rather decent may a few times it locks up if im running more then one program but the rendering are fairly fast.
eww 256 MB RAM!!!!! Come on 512 i think should be the minimum for editing.
I know my computer that is being built is costing me about 2,000 USD. It will be upgraded beyond what Adobe recommended.
I am using Adobe cause i am a windows guy, and i spent to much time figuring it out. Plus I am not sure if ae works on a mac computer.
are you kidding? after effects runs great on a mac. i used after effects on a mac a couple weeks ago and ran like a charm.
Clarence
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Clarence »

Definatley at least 512MB, on this computer I want to go around 2GB!
Nightingale_zero

Post by Nightingale_zero »

Well on the pc I pieced together I got 1gb of ram( really 2gb probably wouldn't make to much of a difference unless your doing CGI and CAD), NCCH-DL mobo, 2x 3.4ghz Nocona xeons, Windows XP pro, firewire card, 16x dvd-rw(burns with +/-) dvd-rom drive( for duplication purposes), 550w fortron psu, MSI 6600gt graphics card(probably can downgrade this and save about 100 bucks), floppy, and chenming entry level server case, 300gb Seagate Sata drive(storage of clips etc), 200gb Maxtor 10 drive 16mb cache(use this for main OS drive , apps, etc. This is rough build so if you see something else you want to change its adaptable (ie more ram and more hard drive and less graphics card).