Speakers

Post all your general non-film related PC and Mac stuff here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Speakers

Post by UFProductions »

I hate starting new topics for things I know will be answered right off the bat, but... I just got a 2.1 speaker setup (desktop stereo amd floor subwoofer) and I cant seem to get the sub to do any, well "woofing." The settings on mycomputer for speakers only have desktop stereo, and 5.1 surround sound (and the other such cr** in between.) So what should I do? Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated.
El Brenty

RE: Speakers

Post by El Brenty »

Some soundcards (Like the creative Soundblaster Live!) allow you to plug the woofer into one of the other sockets. You can then set it up for just sub-woofering, with the tweeters on the normal line out. I think on a lot on newer Soundcards (And the ones built into motherboards) you can also do this.

The alternative is a pre-amp that plugs in between your sub and the computer.

I got me a Cambridge Soundworks speaker system recently, and fortunately it does the sub-woofering all automatically! Yeah, it rocks!
Moderating behind the bushes!
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Speakers

Post by UFProductions »

Finally got it to work, oddly enough it required setting the computers speaker settings to "no speakers." Thanks for responding though Cammy, I miss you around here.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.