New Web hosting, domain registrations and email services!

Post all your general non-film related PC and Mac stuff here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

El Brenty

New Web hosting, domain registrations and email services!

Post by El Brenty »

That's right, a shameless plug for my new services!

I'm still finishing off the site, but it's fully functional and fully working!

Check it out at: WWW.BRIVTECH.COM

I believe my products represent good value for money along with a good quality service!
Last edited by El Brenty on Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moderating behind the bushes!
chchaisson1

RE: New Web hosting, domain registratiuons and email service

Post by chchaisson1 »

Wow, looks great. I might be looking into your web hosting!
New site released!
Join the Forum!
http://www.boathouse-productions.com/
chchaisson1

Post by chchaisson1 »

I just signed up for your OxyForum. Will I be recieving an email?
New site released!
Join the Forum!
http://www.boathouse-productions.com/
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Um, yes, now that you told me about it - Will set it up this evening for you.
pdj
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by pdj »

Camclub, can you set up the site and all that sort of caper? I am interested in getting one put up..
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

You can sign up for Domain hosting, and using Microsoft Office's Fontpage Express, can very easily set up a website of your own, unless you use the Web-Page Tonight feature. If you have your own domain name already, you can still make use of my hosting and the technical support.

The web hosting comes with PHP and a SQL database, so you can upload your own forum, like phpBB. I've been offering a forum facility through www.oxyforum.com, which was done on a temporary basis (And to hold a few forums I use myself), and I'm happy to set up a forum on there for you free of charge, for the time being. Probably by the end of the year, I'll stop[ this service, and if you want to continue using your forum you can sign up for the web-hosting and transfer it across.

If you want a forum set up, fill in the registration form on, and I'll set one up for you within a couple of days. If you don't hear anything within a week, please PM or email me, just in case I didn't pick up the form.
Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Truggy »

what our forum will be gone at the end of the year?
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/xerojohny88][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/xerojohny88.png[/img][/url]
--
Dance Dance Revolution: Proving white people dont have rhythm since 1998
pdj
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by pdj »

Camclub, please excuse my ignorance on this topic.. Since I have never built a proper website, would I be best suited to go with the 'website tonight' option-Economy 5 page plan..? Are the figures US$..? Thanks again for your help
Rheborn

Post by Rheborn »

Whoa hold on a sec. So our forum will be gone? Or just transferred over to your web hosting? I hope just transferred.
--------------------------
www.xeropictures.com
El Brenty

Re: RE: New Web hosting, domain registratiuons and email ser

Post by El Brenty »

pdj wrote:Camclub, please excuse my ignorance on this topic.. Since I have never built a proper website, would I be best suited to go with the 'website tonight' option-Economy 5 page plan..? Are the figures US$..? Thanks again for your help
Figures are in $us, yes.

It would probably be easier getting a trial version of a web-page wysiwyg editor, like Frontpage (Easy to use) or Dreamweaver (Slightly more advanced), and using a ready-made template, then uploading it to your hosting space. It would save you some money, although saying that it's not exactly a lot of money to start with for something that looks quite professional to start with. Even a book like "Building a Website for Dummies" type thing has some templates and editing software included - even the E-Book versions you can get for next to nothing on E-Bay.

Website tonight is designed for people like my Dad, who are new to the concept that Email and Internet are different things! :roll:

Truggy and Rheborn, don't worry, Your forums don't take up much bandwidth, and I'll keep them on there when I eventually transfer Oxyforum.com as example forums. May end up in getting you more traffic in the long run. By having hosting, it just gives far more control over the forum.

At the moment, my main project has been to get the E-Commerce functionality working properly - The US-Based system works brilliantly complete with online payment processing, but I'm finishing off the alternative "universal" system at the moment, a couple of minor bugs to iron out, it has limited payment processing, but better options for currency selection, and non-US shipping, and is better as a bespoke package. I hope to combine the 2 in the future.

So that's taking up all my time at the moment, working until 2AM every night (Getting up at 7AM to come into work), but it's all looking very good, and I'm really happy about the results so far.