Firefox!

Post all your general non-film related PC and Mac stuff here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by U.S.Amateurfilmaker »

As far as compatibility, if I'm not mistaken anything that needs active X to run isn't compatible with Firefox. I also once went on Launch (yahoo's music site) to look at a video and it wouldn't come up telling me that my browser was not compatible. But i'm sure as IE gets less and less popular sites will start reconfiguring their setups for compatability.
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Yes, the topic is a thing of ancient forum history, but I would like to take back my previous comment. I just downloaded the newest version and a beautiful skin that may well have been forged from pure sexiness. I have been converted, my IE days are over!
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
GeokesPerson

Post by GeokesPerson »

My advice is get firefox. More secure and tabs. Get the google toolbar for it which has forcastfox.
backSlash films/productions

tranZgresion: in post-production

spent brass: in pre-production

mercinary short: in post-production
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Jperson »

Listen, here's the final word, WIndows: Get Firefox quick, Mac: Use Safari and don't change, Linux: Well, I don't have a clue whaat they use, but if they can use Safari or Firefox that's great. Once that's done the world is a happier place. The End.
[url=http://tinite.com][img]http://onstoryline.com/Atinitefilmsstrip.gif[/img][/url]
Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Matt »

I still use Opera but would use Firefox before ever considering IE. Not only is IE rubbish when it comes to features but it is just too much of a security risk. The first line of defence for any PC owner is to stop using IE.

At the moment there is a serious vunerability in Microsoft Powerpoint. But don't worry they are going to release a patch ... in August some time. August!!! And I'm not even sure they mean 2006!
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

I'm getting completely fed up with cross-browser compatibility! I've been web-designing recently using style sheets and DIVs for layout rather than tables. It's a lot of hard work to achieve something that could be done in a couple of minutes, but the overall result isfar better. That is until you load it into IE! Microsoft are supposed to be W3C compliant - Well, that's a load of rubbish!
Moderating behind the bushes!