Spyware, what to do about it?

Post all your general non-film related PC and Mac stuff here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

What should we (Assuming that by "We" I mean the anti-spyware industry) do to help the spyware problem

Update our software every time we find a way to make it better
17%
Lobby the government to try and make all forms of internet advertising aside from banners illegal
11%
Find the creators of spyware and torture them to death
22%
Nothing! I make money off of spyware, and I'm just about to retire!
6%
Take everyone who votes the option above and beat them with blunt instruments (I.E. A brick, a phone book, etc.)
44%

Total votes: 18

2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Spyware, what to do about it?

Post by 2nd_Recon »

^
l
l
l
l
l
l

Read poll
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving. You only need a parachute to go skydiving twice.
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by U.S.Amateurfilmaker »

I vote blunt objects!!! :D
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

"Find the creators of spyware and torture them to death"

:twisted:
Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Truggy »

Make the best of it, cause yall know it would be wonderful to be the living hell outta anyone who makes spywere...but it aint ever going to happen....So find ways to make it better
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/xerojohny88][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/xerojohny88.png[/img][/url]
--
Dance Dance Revolution: Proving white people dont have rhythm since 1998
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

This is getting to me! I just ran a week old version of Adaware, found 2 objects, deleted them. Thought I'd try out Spybot and see how it compares to Adaware, so while I was downloadig Spybot, I thought I'd check adaware for more updates, downloaded an update patch, quickly ran adaware again, and it found another 19 files!

Best way to win this war is to make sure these programs are kept up to date and run regularly!

I'm having a problem starting AOL at the moment, I think it could be spyware related.

EDIT:

Ran Spybot, found about another 18 files, and now running Spyware Doctor, I found another 77 items of naughtyness!

Edit 2:

Just ran AOL Spyware protection (That comes with AOL 9) and lo and behold, another 6 items! Little buggers are everywhere!

There's no way I'm ever going to let anyone ever advertise with spyware or popups through my websites! Also, thos annoying integrated adverts where you're reading something and an advert starts crawling over what you're trying to see - They're out to! Just simple banner context sensitive banner adverts that don't impose and integrate nicely into the website would ever be allowed!

EDIT 3:

Finally found the problem! The BSOD stayed on long enough for me to see the .SYS file that was causing the problems! I finally linked it to some virus software I installed yesterday! That virus software is now
history!
Moderating behind the bushes!
mercenary123
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mercenary123 »

Torture those stupid bastards!! :twisted: :twisted:
[img]http://f5.putfile.com/6/16618192897.jpg[/img]
got lazy on the siggy...
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

Simple. Burn each and evry little finger (er.. Claw) off with a flamethrower and burn a mark that says "I am dedicated to ruining others lives with spyware" onto their chest.

Then CASTRATE them. :twisted:
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

so they can't reproduce any more spyware demons!

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving. You only need a parachute to go skydiving twice.
bangoker

Post by bangoker »

!!!!
just installed doctor, and detected 177 problems, installed spybot, and detected other 130!!

now running ad aware

EDIT:

ad aware finished the deep scanning and found 330 objects!!!

woah! my computer was full of scum!
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

There are supposedly spyware that can get into your computer even if you don't have a web browser open and are just connected to the internet through a cable modem. That is out of hand

thewarmovie

Post by thewarmovie »

Spyware should be illegal, i'm serious, It's basicly like a virus, my computer hardly works cause of it and all I do is My email this site and a few other sites, and It still infests my comp. it's like "i'll see what websites he go's to and we'll spam him ALL OVER HIS HARD DRIVE, mmmmm yum, and after that, i'll rub ads all up and down his start menu and desktop, oh yes, mmmm, ohh I like what you doing with your creditcard, what your doing with the creditcards good, yess,oh yes,mmmm, oh, and I can't stop now, cause i'm sexy spyware." SEE HOW MAD I AM, I'M MAKING SPYWARE A WHORE, AHH HA. (jumps out window and runs around like a lunitic.)
"Holy Freaking' Fat Mother of Jehoshephat"
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

(Injects WarMovie with his happy needle)

Alright, so we have an agreement. Lets all get our blunt instruments out right now

thewarmovie

Post by thewarmovie »

(HAPPILY) Who killed the spyware people? I think it was Recon, with the lead pipe in the ballroom.
but anyway, blunt instruments.
montezumas_revenge

Post by montezumas_revenge »

first dont be a idiot, second use firefox, third if your a real pro youd use a mac or linux, otherwise ad-aware, avg and spybot will keep you spyware free, and try to use p2p apps for your pr0n so you dont get bombarded with s*** from most pr0n sites.
thewarmovie

Post by thewarmovie »

I use windows because I have all my programs are for windows
montezumas_revenge

Post by montezumas_revenge »

i use linux and i still can run most of my games, using a program called winex and most nles come with linux versions, i use avid xpress dv myself. Many of the higher stuff is all linux based so its good to know and if you want to get into computers learning to do things via the command line is a great experiance.
Naphie

Post by Naphie »

i have to agree with montezumas_revenge that if you run avg and spybot a few times a week your system will be ok. I dont agree about the linux or mac thing because most software will never get ported and most of the gnu open source software is still too buggy to use for any real purpose.
edinc90

Post by edinc90 »

I just use Mac, no spyware, no problems. My dad's PC was infested with spyware. He connected to the local hospital's network to look at X-Rays and stuff (he can get them at home now) and when he was done there was 175 spyware programs on his computer! These ads kept coming up on web pages, covering the text so you couldn't read it. I fixed the problem, but no doubt they'll be back. GO MAC!!
My website: www.edcarlson.tk
wildabeast009

Post by wildabeast009 »

Blunt objects indeed! Very blunt objects. Blunt enough to...uhhh....make someone hurt badly. Ever since I've been using FireFox, I have had very few spyware problems. A lot less than I used to. I hate spyware. Product research my a**.
You know what's a fun game? Take 3 Excedrin PM's and see if you can whack off before you fall asleep. You always win, that's the best part about the game. -Cal, [i]The 40 Year Old Virgin[/i]