Taking A Screen Shot

Post all your general non-film related PC and Mac stuff here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Carnage7p
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Taking A Screen Shot

Post by Carnage7p »

Ok i need to know how to take a screen shot. i have been playing the game diablo 2 and i am going to sell all of my items on ebay but it helps to have screenshots as proof that you have the items. please give details.
Peter Cote
Founder of Breakout Films

[img]http://i07.thefacebook.com/pics/3/0/n11400374_4237.jpg[/img]
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by U.S.Amateurfilmaker »

Just press print screen on your keyboard (above the insert key, and don't worry, it won't give you a physical print-out) and then paste into an image program such as photoshop, or even a word processing program. It's that easy, no need for screenshot software.
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

That's what I would have suggested also, although if something else decides to fill the PC's "clipboard" buffer, then you lose the screen dump. Cor, I remember on the Speccy being able to get screen-dumps saved using the Multiface 3, or you'd be able to print them out on a colour dot-matrix printer. How things have changed, now I'm on colour laser printers!

Other alternative, which I have done 100's of times for Sinclaur User magazine is to actually photograph the screen, making sure you get the shutter speed just right. We used to have a special photo room at EMAP publishing in London, where there was a monitor and tripos setup permanently, and you'd have to plug in the computer you wanted to use (Because there were so many different ones being revied in the building), load up the game (On casette - Imagine kids, in my day it would take over 5 mins to load up a game that was about 35K long, and the noise was 'orrible), then if it hadn't crashed half-way through, you'd have to play the game to get to the parts you wanted to get the screen-shots, and before the Multiface 3 came out, there was no way on earth you could pause the screen for the photo!
Carnage7p
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Carnage7p »

haha alright i tried u.s' advice and it worked great. thanks for the help. by the way i like the avatar camclub. haha since i have just gotten back i still need to change mine from my halloween avatar hahaha.