Mac just got whole lot cheaper. Get an emac.

Post all your general non-film related PC and Mac stuff here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Jass Films
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Mac just got whole lot cheaper. Get an emac.

Post by Jass Films »

So you want cheap, well for you american you can get a powerful emac, with 80gb + dvd-r + cd-r + idvd, imovie, sound studio and for gamers , tony hawk pro skater 4 + Diemos Rising and heaps more software all for US $1,099 or AUS $1,899 or for UK 849 pounds. That's a far better price than any PC could be. Or you can get 40gb cd-r + dvd for just US $799, AUS $1,349 or UK 649 pounds. Now tell me that is not a bargain.

Unlike PC you will only need to pay for the computer and you'll be ready to edit digitally. For a dell with less feature you'll have to pay US $1,399, AUS $1,799 or UK 920 pounds. And they sell direct and do not include, Dvd-r+Cd-rw Superdrives, free games, editing software, digital setup, Dvd authoring software, sound studio software, the free games and heaps of other things. All this will set you back at least a couple of thousand of dollars or pounds.

I think now it is time for you to switch. If you are looking for a good editing computer, well go to your local apple website.

www.apple.com
www.apple.com.au
www.apple.com/uk/ <---fixed
go apple and save time, money and stress...

[Edited on 28-11-2003 by Jass Films]
TimXL1

Post by TimXL1 »

The UK Apple site should be http://www.apple.com/uk/

PLEASE everyone let's not turn this thread into another Mac vs PC debate (I had a premonition). I KNOW most of you use PCs, don't want to switch, have a lot invested in PC software etc. etc. But for anyone starting out it DV filmmaking who doesn't have a very good PC, the new eMac is a great deal.

Just my two euros. :)
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

I am going to say absolutely nothing on this subject dare I supset people! I will especially reserve my comments as to why the Macs are being sold off so cheap! I'm going to say absolutely nothing about why PC architecture and upgradeability is superior.

I'm saying nothing, cuz I'm a good guy!
Moderating behind the bushes!
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

I'm glad to see Macs have gone down in price, I'm still not getting one, more a I'm poor thing. the only thing that worrys me is that is called an emac, lets hope they are not the crapy halfassed types of comps that the e-machines that were relesed a few years ago, upon the unsuspecting PC market.
Jass Films
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Jass Films »

the only thing that worrys me is that is called an emac, lets hope they are not the crapy halfassed types of comps that the e-machines that were relesed a few years ago, upon the unsuspecting PC market.
No don't worry, i have already looked into that too, actually, the university i wish to go to next year uses them for video editing, multemedia graphics, its animation corses, and well, for everything. They are simply a new version of the old imac. It hasn't got as much power as the new imac, but it certainly is much better value than the new imac.

PS. thanks for not turning this into a mac vs PC again.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

This had nothing to do with mac vs PC so I just avioded talking about it. Its good to see That Apple is releaseing a cheeper computer, because I'm sure that somthing that turned many people off was the cost of their boxs, I know that was somthing that turned me off a while ago.
TimXL1

Post by TimXL1 »

The E in EMac stands for EDUKASHUN :D

It's great because schools can get them even cheaper still, which means DV editing for the masses!

(When I was doing all this film stuff in college, we had a horrible massive arrangement of broken old CRT monitors, SVHS and Umatic decks, a big rusty controller, NO titling or effects... everything had to be done by lining up sources and your master tape, the controller would then run them for about 8 seconds before your cut and hit record on your master tape for the length of your edit... and you just hoped it all worked. Argh! If I had had a mac with iMovie on it then I might have got into university with my showreel instead of being laughed at.... sorry I've gone off on a tangent now.)