CD-ROM + CD-R/RW Not Working

Post all your general non-film related PC and Mac stuff here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

CD-ROM + CD-R/RW Not Working

Post by BrownCowStudios »

I have a Samsung SC-152L CD-ROM drive and a Samsung SW-216B CD-R/RW drive. About a month or so ago, they were not recognized by my computer. I have done everything I can think of to try to fix the problem but nothing is effective. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it, updated the drivers, gone through XP's hardware troubleshooting, did a system restore...

NOTHING!!! All the Device Manager can tell me is that there is an error (yellow exclamation point), which we have already established. Can anyone recommend anything else for me to try? Or can anyone think of what the problem may be? Any help is appreciated.
mark_essex_87
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mark_essex_87 »

download the latest drivers?... o you already did that. hmmm are they wired up correctly inside the pc - ie. one's the slave and one's the master. try going into BIOS settings by pressing del or F1 on bootup to check if they are recognised there.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Mkae sure all you ide cables are fully pulgged in these can sometimes work there way out.
Check your bios to see wether the drives appear there.
Backup everthing are reinstall, okay there are a few other things to try but CD drives are pretty fundametal and low level to a windows OS so if it is a driver wrong it is pretty fundamental.
film fanatic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by film fanatic »

time to get a computer geek round...