Windows...OBSOLETE?

Post all your general non-film related PC and Mac stuff here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Windows...OBSOLETE?

Post by U.S.Amateurfilmaker »

I just read that Korea, China, and Japan are developing a joint program to devolop a 'SUPER" OS to rival Windows. They say the project is the result of the blaster worm, because of which they say that Windows is not secure enough. This may be okay, but thr problems lie in 4 facts...

- It will start out with almost no software

- It's a variation of linux, so it will be just another one of the exotic OS's that the general home user will not even consider

- The chinese will burn $1 bootleg copies anyway, so they won't make any revenue of of it

Anyway, I think windows kicks a**, and I would never switch, because I've gotten so used to the environment, and plus, I'd have to buy software ALL OVER AGAIN:o

[Edited on 2-9-2003 by U.S.Amateurfilmaker]
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

No OS is safe from bugs that is a fact, infact most OS's are full of holes, we just don't know about them because hackers are all attacking windows because that is what everybody has got.
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Originally posted by foxwood
No OS is safe from bugs that is a fact, infact most OS's are full of holes, we just don't know about them because hackers are all attacking windows because that is what everybody has got.
True. Why would anyone wnat to attack a MAC, Linux, or Unix PC when barely no-one uses them
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Exactly, I bet even a second rate hacker could get into OS X and really fu*k that thing up.
Grant

Post by Grant »

Windows and Microsoft will always have the business support and supply need. The home user is only a secong thought and also the pirate
The Honourable Grant Meredith - CEO Sick Individual Productions
http://www.sickindividual.com
Profile : http://www.innersense.com.au/mif/meredith.html
film fanatic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by film fanatic »

they will never beat windows!
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Never underestimate the Chinese, within 20 years, they'll be running the world's economy! We all think they they are backwards, living in communist-provoked poverty - Don't believe it!

The Chinese Government is educating it's people to a very high standard, with universities the size of cities, they already invented MPEG-4, if they re-invented Windows, it would probably be more stable, efficient, and certainly cheaper!
Moderating behind the bushes!
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

The Chinese, trying to become technologically supreme. Just like, for example, they want to launch a manned mission to orbit the Earth in a few days. One problem though, they're using a capsule, same thing the US did, in the 1960's! :D There product durability also leves something to be desired as well. But there food is pretty good though :)
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Well the Americaniexed version of there food is good. real asian food is a whole diffrent ball game.

A capsule, thats funny, and so 1960's. Couldn't they build a shuttle, or be like everybody ealse and build a space station.
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Yep they're using a capsule and we're already working on this...

CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

They already own part of the International Space Station!

The Manned capsule is just for publicity to say to everyone "Hey look y'all, we can send a man into space to, we're catching you up so watch your backs!"
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Well now they can get to their relisate up in space, nt that it matters, we own the moon. i figure that has to be true since we are the only people that have ever been there.
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

I was going to buy an acre of the moon once, then I though "Hmmmm, ok, so I've got a cool claim certificate for an acre of the moon, but it's not like I'll ever be able to go there!"

I also realised that the claim was legally useless, if you want some, you've gotta go there to stake your claim, so even if I handed the certificate down to my great great great great great grandkids, it would still be worthless without them actually going there! Someone could come along and mine right across my acre, and I would never know, and never be able to do anything about it!
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

I saw that ad once, I still think it is a scam. Like you said, it's worthless. It would be like someone saying "I own a pice of Jupiter!"
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Hey, I found a link to the deal!

An Ideal Present

I may buy an acre for the hell of it!

You never know!