Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

I'll set you up with a nice 3-star hotel if you want. :D
DeadLogic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DeadLogic »

Thats quite alright....

I am writing the Script to my Battle of the Bulge movie right now! I have a bit of writers block, just on how to start it off... Also, who has any ideas for the Title of the movie? No, it cant be "Battle of the Bulge" and I think that something like "Brothers in Arms" is way too cliched. Any suggestions?
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

You can use a powerful quote from the movie, like "Full Metal Jacket" and "World Is Not Enough" did.

Or you could take a general part of the movie, and it "German Blockade" or even something simple like "Bullets and Bayonets."

How about "General's Orders" for a title?
DeadLogic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DeadLogic »

It's cliched....

I DO however, like the idea of taking a catchy line out of my movie...

Heh, the name "Full Metal Jacket" really is more associated with killing drill sergeants than combat in Vietnam.
blue_dirt

Post by blue_dirt »

Yeah, titles are somewhat difficult...
So the script will be about the battle of the bulge?
what was the battle of the bulge about? like, was it on an island, or desert...i cannot remember. i know it is a level in Battlefield 1942. i will think up titles for you.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Yeah, try taking a climactic quote from the movie, one which everyone remembers.

I thought there was snow in the Battle of the Bulge. I saw some photos of it once.
DeadLogic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DeadLogic »

Oh, come on! It was the biggest modern battle ever fought in terms of men, vehicles, and weapons! And YES it was in the snow!

The story is like this... Three men find each other in the confusion of the initial german attack in the Ardennes... The movie follows them as they do whatever they can to stop the germans, but stay alive at the same time. The script includes the three guys in a Jeep breaking through roadblocks and being chased by a German truck, the defense of a road, and a climactic battle outside Bastonge, among other small conflicts...

What do you think of that idea?
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

It sounds like your typical war movie scenerio! I think the german truck scene would look really cool if done correctly.

How about, "Three men and a Jeep" lol
DeadLogic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DeadLogic »

Yeah, the plot is nothing inventive like Saving Private Ryan, but I think that trying something more elaborate and complicated would seem cheesy.

And no, I'm pretty sure the jeep isnt going to be around for more than the chase scene :(
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

What are you going to use for your obstacles? Cardboard, tape, and paint? :)

What type of obstacles are they going to be?
DeadLogic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DeadLogic »

Obstacles? You mean ones for the roadblock? I have about 3 "hedgehog" tank obstacles I made for the D-Day beach scene I never shot due to time constraints... Bay the way, they're made out of wooden V's....
blue_dirt

Post by blue_dirt »

what about "One more shot"??? huh huh, you like...see shot, as in guns, and shot as in alcohol. is there gonna be alcohol in the movie??
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Yeah, I was referring to the roadblocks. Won't it damage the jeep to ram it into wooden hedgehogs!?

Haha, blue_dirt, that is funny. I can picture three soldiers walking around falling every which way because they are so drunk. You think they have something important in their packs, but really it's all vodka! :lol:

You could call it "Fire Mission" if there are a lot of artillery strikes.
DeadLogic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DeadLogic »

I'm saying the Jeep will swerve THROUGH the obstacles...

And no, no alchohol, but hopefully lots of artillery.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Ah okay, I though you were gonna smash though them like bowling pins! But it still sounds like fun! Are you going to build a fake machine guns to mount on the vehicles?
DeadLogic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DeadLogic »

Nah, The guy in the back is going to find a BAR stached in the bck of the Jeep.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

I have an idea, have him a box of grenades too. So they comically throw them at the truck chasing them! Then have one German catch one and throw it back at them! And all this time they are swerving around roadblocks! :lol: That would be a fun scene!
DeadLogic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DeadLogic »

Thats an idea! I just might be a tad concerned about the tastefulness of the situation... But i'd say that out of the movie, the car chase will have to most humor anyway, so I might add that.

My friends and me are probably WAY too uncoordinated to actually pull that off though!
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Then coordinate them! :D

You could have a time where the nazis start throwing stuff at them including their helmets trying to stop the jeep! How do you plan to film it? Are you going to use separate vehicles?
DeadLogic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DeadLogic »

Yeah, a friend of mine has hooked me up with an old Chevy truck with a side-boarded flatbed, like a transport truck... Another friend has a black CJ7 jeep... Most of the filming is going to be done from inside the vehicles, and on the ground, watching them pass by... Having a third vehicle from which to film would make things much more complicated and dangerous, and not much more would be accomplished by it.
thewarmovie

Post by thewarmovie »

I need to make huge ground effects for my movie. I was watching the making of band of brothers and they used compressed air to make the ground explosions, and they said people could stand on it too :D
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

How can I make a costume that good, and how else can i see "day of defeat"?
@seanbagley
DeadLogic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DeadLogic »

Find a shirt of the right color of the uniform you want (it can be really cheap) and then add things like ammo bags, patches, harnesses, and backpacks to it... And most regular pairs of tan or brown cargo pants work with a lot of costume configurations.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Yeah, take a look at my photos I posted at the beginning of this thread! Spend some time at an arts and crafts shop. I make a lot of costumes up from scratch! But quite often it is cheaper to buy militaria at a surplus store! Like you can get ww2 web belts for like $10-15! You have to look around for the best places.
DeadLogic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DeadLogic »

FINALLY! Here's that blooper in SPR i was talking about, Epsilon! In the lower right corner.

Image[/img]